Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be great to see him get a game against Carlton but don't want to rush him. In saying that, a first game against the blockbuster that will be Collingwood round 2 is a very high pressure game first up, so really wouldn't want that to be his first game. If he plays round 1 even we get the Lynch debut hype and distraction out of the way.

Would be great to see him get a game against Carlton but don't want to rush him. In saying that, a first game against the blockbuster that will be Collingwood round 2 is a very high pressure game first up, so really wouldn't want that to be his first game. If he plays round 1 even we get the Lynch debut hype and distraction out of the way.
Distraction?? I get where you're coming from, but.. Nah... R2 vs the Pies would be great. Hopefully they lose R1, and we bring Lynch into a team that demolished the Tankers in R1. Think he would love it!! R1 crowd and atmoshpere will be good, but the R2 game would be a great "this is how we do it in Melbourne" intro for T.Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually.First up after long spells players first game back are pretty good in general.

no way he plays vfl games. if he's gonna risk injury may as well make it in the afl not the vfl. would play him vs carltoon. if they spooners somehow beat us it will derail our season, we need him in

I have nothing to back this up but I get the feeling he's been ready all along and we have just been extra conservative.

Will be unleashed Thursday week IMO.
A Balmey special?

I have nothing to back this up but I get the feeling he's been ready all along and we have just been extra conservative.

Will be unleashed Thursday week IMO.
Imagine he bags a lazy 8. The hype would break Melbourne.

A Balmey special?
Imagine he bags a lazy 8. The hype would break Melbourne.
I've lost count how many people over the past 5-6 months have said, "he's not even that good"... Which, if I'm being honest, is the best part about getting him. I truly believe people don't know how good he really is because GCS are irrelevant.... People are in for a rude shock!

I've lost count how many people over the past 5-6 months have said, "he's not even that good"... Which, if I'm being honest, is the best part about getting him. I truly believe people don't know how good he really is because GCS are irrelevant.... People are in for a rude shock!

He's gonna be sensational for us.
May even lengthen Jack's career.

Has been one patch in its existence where GC actually looked like a not bad team and went on a run towards the end of the year.
Lynch absolutely dominated in that period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back