Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I highlighted that exact bit of play on the half time podcast yesterday.

Having Jack and Tom in the same forward 50 is going to create a lot of issues for opposition defenders.

Prior to Jack being in the team, Phil Davis comes across 3rd man up and kills that contest.

But with Jack and Tom there the defenders ability to peel off in anticipation is basically gone because you simply can't afford to leave 1 of them free.

If we can tweak our game style ever so slightly to get the ball inside 50 a bit quicker when they both have 1 v 1 contests it will be very exciting.

I loved how happy they were for each other though. Sounds stupid but sometimes there is the risk of ego's clashing with 2 good forwards, but they were all over each other when they were kicked goals, great to see!

Lunch's last mark and goal was a prime example of them slowly working it out...

Jack saw Lunch had decent position to at least halve the contest, so he positioned himself front and centre rather than flying for the same ball

I reckon we will see an uptick in Jacks crumbing goals....

well since you didn't add "Suck on that haters" at the end...I'll add this 1-2 combo.....be afwaid...be wewy wewy afwaid

<iframe class="imgur-embed" width="100%" height="360" frameborder="0" src=""></iframe>

ps: I did notice he crashed into jiewoldt a coupla times...just gotta iron out them kinks.

Last edited:
Lunch's last mark and goal was a prime example of them slowly working it out...

Jack saw Lunch had decent position to at least halve the contest, so he positioned himself front and centre rather than flying for the same ball

I reckon we will see an uptick in Jacks crumbing goals....
Giphy:
yQj1ASW.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definitely moved a lot quicker going at some loose balls on the weekend. and clunked some great contested marks. thats the player I hoped we got when we drafted him. his knee problem looks like its ok and his fitness is getting better each week. get him and jack going and September could be an interesting month for us again!!!

Love that everyone outside our club don’t rate him,gun.

funny that - hawks and pies were talking him up as the modern Tony Lockett before it was leaked he was picking tigerland

i still cant believe he is only be paid 750k for the first 2/3 years - id be happy paying 1.75

Yeah I highlighted that exact bit of play on the half time podcast yesterday.

Having Jack and Tom in the same forward 50 is going to create a lot of issues for opposition defenders.

Prior to Jack being in the team, Phil Davis comes across 3rd man up and kills that contest.

But with Jack and Tom there the defenders ability to peel off in anticipation is basically gone because you simply can't afford to leave 1 of them free.

If we can tweak our game style ever so slightly to get the ball inside 50 a bit quicker when they both have 1 v 1 contests it will be very exciting.

I loved how happy they were for each other though. Sounds stupid but sometimes there is the risk of ego's clashing with 2 good forwards, but they were all over each other when they were kicked goals, great to see!
Yep!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back