Preview 1st Semi-final: Geelong vs Collingwood, Sat 10 Oct GABBA @ 7.40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cats have saved Buckley his job on more than a couple of occasions. Without looking it up I am sure there where 2 or 3 times back when the pies were on losing streaks and Bucks was close to getting the flick, then out of no where they would come out and beat us.
if you can be on a roll after one win the Pies are. You could see it in the way Buckley and the players got around each other in the changerooms after the game. Geelong this week should be all about motivation, about the importance of standing up to the critics. Forget about talk of one game at a time, playing a role, sticking to structures. That does not win finals.

Last edited:
That comment about Ablett deserting us is pathetic. Maybe he got more money from GC but it was a a gutsy move in many ways. He had his best years early at GC before injuring his shoulder. I was thrilled when he decided to come back to Geelong. I'd still go to watch a Geelong game just to see Gary Ablett play. His skills have always been sublime and he has always retained a certain humility. I just wish we could release him in space more often because he is still the most damaging player in the team with his disposals.

Gaz went where he was needed, GC for mentoring the the youf (which he did) and to $et himself up, back to Geelong for family reasons and where the heart lies and where he previously helped us to two premierships.
Fantastic soldier of both Clubs, deserves every accolade he gets.

What i want to see
Outs: Dalhaus, Taylor, O'Conner
Ins: Close, Jenkins, Clark

Blitz goes back
Jenkins can kick straight. Esava barely gets a drop on foot. Straight kicking wins games.
Dalhaus big weakness is he has no snapping power. Barely makes it around the corner from 20m out. Again, kickers who can score needed in the foward line.

Game plan
Look for stoppage exits out the front, not always on defence and attack hard from the bounce, not go into stagnet back line yo yo.

OC out just on pace and Clark is prepared to snd has better pace to break along with Bews.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Problem with Clark is that he's had next to no game time the back half of this year. Too crucial a game to bring him in to be found wanting.

Agree with other moves

True. Can’t disclose who has told me but unfortunately true.

Quite a few cats players who are unhappy and a lot more wags filthy.
You'll forgive us for taking that with a grain of salt (or two.)
If it happened at all, I don't think it has affected the on-field performances.

Either way, let's keep this thread on topic

I think it's all about the start
If we score the first 2 goals we'll win...conversely if we concede the first 2 we'll lose....if it's 1 goal each it's game on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with Clark is that he's had next to no game time the back half of this year. Too crucial a game to bring him in to be found wanting.

Agree with other moves
Agreed both Clark and Jenkins were injured at bad time and as it's turned out it looks very much like we have wasted a spot banking on Steven being our saviour and Sav's a huge gamble if selected now as well he just hasn't come on this year.

Agree with other moves

Clark was very poor in his last game. Same as Fog. Both were stamped not to play again this year. Narkle is the one that appears to have built back up towards selection via the scratch matches. I think he is the only small player we can consider as a change not due to necessity because of injury etc.

Clark was very poor in his last game. Same as Fog. Both were stamped not to play again this year. Narkle is the one that appears to have built back up towards selection via the scratch matches. I think he is the only small player we can consider as a change not due to necessity because of injury etc.
A lot of positive from Simpsons efforts in the last scratch match, but would think they'd prefer he had at least 2 scratch matches under his belt with him returning from a hamstring injury

Think he'll get a gig as an emergency this week

I think you added a bit of mayonaise to that comment. "Flat out refused"... yeah sure.

What actually happened was that he delegated the primary task of coaching the younger players into the system to the line and development coaches. He didnt refuse to speak to them, rather he trusted his team of coaches to do their jobs without micro-managing them. It's a fairly normal and effective business practice to do this.
Nope. In the past he hasn't even bothered giving exits interviews before certain young players have been delisted.

He is much improved in this area.

From a write-up on yesterdays training session:

The forwards spent considerable time kicking for goal with Tom Hawkins lining up in roughly the same spot he missed two shots at goal on Thursday night and nailing them this time around.

Clark was poor but why give him the flick after just one poor showing?
He has an attacking flair we are missing from half back flank. We have had to watch Kolodjashnij time and again miss his opportunities to kick a goal (or two) and we have this kid who has already booted 12 goals from his first 21 games. He's class.
Needs to get more physical but I don't get it.

Atkins keeps getting games all the while putting up 10 disposals, 3 tackles (less goals than Clark) and 1 mark per game. Go figure.

Narkles last full game v the Suns wan't earth shattering either.

Can't see the club making any dramatic moves for this game, Scott will stick with what has worked for most of the season.
For all my own disappointment over Thursday night's loss, the team still managed to generate more scoring shots than Port Adelaide and were well within striking distance late in that game; they're not going to reinvent the wheel after that.

The club will be bullish that it can right the ship with the same old personnel and the same style of football it has played all year - and there is no way in the world they would drop Harry Taylor for possibly his last game, nor should they.

I do agree with the majority in that our defensive structure is too tall and lacking in rebound, however.

I'd love to get one last look the likes of Esava, Fogarty, Narkle and Close before the year is through, but I just can't see it happening either.

Collingwood are a tough match up for us, and they always seem to find form right around the time we're due to play them.

Surely Sav comes in. Taylor dropped, O'Connor to the back line. Maybe Henry as well. We need a gamechanger though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back