Player Watch 2. Dylan Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the previous comments. It's time for him to understand where he is at in his career and that we need minutes into this emerging backline.
He can still offer a lot at VFL level in terms of guidance for the kids there.
Only comes in if injury necessitates.

Yeah I think Grimes has actually been alright to start the season, but it's hard to know if we should bring him back in after that win.

Legend of the club but as others have said, we’ve got capable youngsters who need games. Would put the ball in his court to play out the year as insurance or retire with a big farewell game in the first half of the year

Obviously I respect Grimes a ton 3x premiership champion defender.
he should be back-up only at this stage if we get injuries.
He should be playing in the VFL this year & helping coach the players not getting a game.

Latest injury report is not good reading when it comes to Grimes. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a retirement announcement soon. We have enough mid-year draft picks already so I'd assume he will announce retirement within the next six weeks and he will be available if we need him for the balance of the year once he is fit.

Legend of the club.

Latest injury report is not good reading when it comes to Grimes. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a retirement announcement soon. We have enough mid-year draft picks already so I'd assume he will announce retirement within the next six weeks and he will be available if we need him for the balance of the year once he is fit.

Legend of the club.
Either do it within the next 6 days or the week before his send off game.

Either do it within the next 6 days or the week before his send off game.
We don't need anymore mid-season picks. I'm pretty sure we have 3 or 4. There's not enough depth of talent available for it to be worth picking up someone on top of those selections we already have.
No rush on his decision but it's inevitable.

We don't need anymore mid-season picks. I'm pretty sure we have 3 or 4. There's not enough depth of talent available for it to be worth picking up someone on top of those selections we already have.
No rush on his decision but it's inevitable.
We need fit players to help development and to speed up our rebuild. There’s some good talent available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back