Remove this Banner Ad

:p:p:p:p:p

Grimes??

poor umpiring hurt him??????????

how long you been watching Grimes?
21 & 23 with Grimes we ended up 13th.

22 Grimes OUT a lot we make finals.

24 I would've been playing Tresize.

TBH RFC had their warm up at the open, windy end of the ground. Balta, Naism & Grimes all kicking out on the full was sub standard. Given that they'd trained the day before in identical conditions

I got there real early and saw MRJ, Gibcus and Campbell doing goal kicking practice at the grandstand end.

Rosas kicked em from tough spots.

:p:p:p:p:p

Grimes??

poor umpiring hurt him??????????

how long you been watching Grimes?

Oh yeah Grimes hurts grimes as well.

Just the 2 that are top of mind. Tackled off the ball results in goal. Nothing push and GC guy drop like he's been shot = free. 2 goals that were really gifts. That's all.

Yze has an opportunity to make a big early statement here by saying past accomplishments and reputations count for nothing now and that it's performances that count for everything.
Holding Grimes - or any other play who doesn't perform - will make us stronger in the long run.
Grimesy has been off the pace for more than 12 months.

Yze has an opportunity to make a big early statement here by saying past accomplishments and reputations count for nothing now and that it's performances that count for everything.
Holding Grimes - or any other play who doesn't perform - will make us stronger in the long run.
Grimesy has been off the pace for more than 12 months.
I thought he did this when he removed the 2017 Premiership photos WR.

One reason I believe McQualter didn't get the job imo was because he only made real changes in the last game v Port Adelaide

I understand Yze wants to win games but sometimes to win games in the future & to keep people on edge you need make a statement early or it will be too late.

He has been a great servant of the club but the last 2 seasons he was woeful. Unfortunately, picked up right where he left off. We just cannot carry him anymore. Go to the 2's and see if you can reclaim your spot.
I think if it plays out that way ( dropped to the 2s) he’ll pull the plug mid season, ala Grigga, get us a msd selection.

May retire before the midseason draft to give us a pick. He is that sort of guy.

I'd prefer senior players stay at the club and support/boost the VFL program. I saw a 2017 VFL grand final team that had Griffiths, Maric and plenty of AFL listed players. lose a grand final.

Then 2019 we win one, a mix of senior players on the out and kids replacing them.

A few extra out of form AFL players might just be the boost the VFL program needs.

Suns VFL team last year had this mix of old farts and kids. Melbourne seem happy to have senior players playing a lot of VFL. Melksham, Schache I though had retired, nekmint back IN tne AFL team

Last edited:
I'd prefer senior players stay at the club and support/boost the VFL program. I saw a VFL grand final team that had Griffiths, Maric and plenty of AFL listed players. lose a grand final.

Then 2019 we win one, a mix of senior players on the out and kids replacing them.

A few extra out of form AFL players might just be the boost the VFL program needs.

I expect our VFL team to be strong this year regardless. Starting to get a bit of maturity and continuity amongst the VFL listed players, plus quite a few of the likely AFL listed players in the team are now 3rd to 5th season types. Will see a fair bit of Naismith and/or Ryan as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One reason I believe McQualter didn't get the job imo was because he only made real changes in the last game v Port Adelaide

I understand Yze wants to win games but sometimes to win games in the future & to keep people on edge you need make a statement early or it will be too late.
Mini took over a coaching job Round 11 and I think we were out of the 8 on % Round 19. half a game out round 20. minimal changes . Long injury list was a reason for Gibcus & Campbell not playing

Mini got us winning again. 5 or 6 kids each week. I think mid season picks Tresize and Coulthard got games.

Bauer & Banks Rd 17

The 2023 R24 side I would've started with too.

really surprised with the selections

Oh yeah Grimes hurts grimes as well.

Just the 2 that are top of mind. Tackled off the ball results in goal. Nothing push and GC guy drop like he's been shot = free. 2 goals that were really gifts. That's all.
Last qtr. Grimes takes a mark at 17:10 last qtr. Grimes dives after slightest contact. then clanger kick OOB . His opponent runs past him, ribs Grimes . Grimes shoves his neck. Mouthing off to the ump

If it was a first gamer, you'd forgive it . Not Diver Dylan Grimes

He's a shocker

Last qtr. Grimes takes a mark at 17:10 last qtr. Grimes dives after slightest contact. then clanger kick OOB . His opponent runs past him, ribs Grimes . Grimes shoves his neck. Mouthing off to the ump

If it was a first gamer, you'd forgive it . Not Diver Dylan Grimes

He's a shocker
As Grimes has slowed he has started giving away stupid free etc and does some silly things.

I reckon Grimes is now on the edge of the team. Probably on field leadership is great. But he gives away goals now that he never used to. Such a pity

As Grimes has slowed he has started giving away stupid free etc and does some silly things.

I reckon Grimes is now on the edge of the team. Probably on field leadership is great. But he gives away goals now that he never used to. Such a pity
sadly he was a chronic ducker too. 2016 ish
then stager.
...old habits eh?

It felt like a 50m penalty given against him ..but it was lucky to be 20m.

They could kick goals in the wind...us clangers..

I can't see him getting dropped for being Dylan Grimes.

Gunna be changes up the ground

One of the all time greats! canna take that away from Grimes...fecking rock when it counted!
Gave us his all...hopefully will fade out into the future..come the half way mark...and the Club can pick up summit at the mid season...

Grimes will struggle to get back into the team with how good our defense looked versus the Swans.

Tom Brown is a better player at this stage of their careers. and you can't really drop the other talls.

He’s a champion but his time is done. It’s a tough one how you see out your champions.

Do you retire before the MSD and allow the tigers to try out a young kid or do you see out the year and get a farewell game at the end of the year.

I’ll never forget how he stepped up in 19/20 to become that guy when Rance was done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back