Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember trying to get on my bike after a big night at the Turf Club (the one in the big round about Royal Parade/ Flem Road).

Couldn't quite do it so I pushed it home to Shiel Street (on the other side of the gasometer next to Arden Street).

Young blokes brains have a bit of maturing to do. Lay off the bloke. He has some talent and plays in long sleeves.

In all fairness, 22 isn't even that young ffs ~
furthermore, you shouldn't really be comparing your own personal experiences to that of professional athlete who has already been in hot water for off-field issues in the past. I'd be hoping the club comes down on him very hard.
Huh...
He crashed a bike.
Hardly a hanging offence.

I remember trying to get on my bike after a big night at the Turf Club (the one in the big round about Royal Parade/ Flem Road).

Couldn't quite do it so I pushed it home to Shiel Street (on the other side of the gasometer next to Arden Street).

Young blokes brains have a bit of maturing to do. Lay off the bloke. He has some talent and plays in long sleeves.
If you remember maybe you were not so drunk afterwards. Who remembers IUB?

No surgery and expected to be ready for preseason is certainly a relief.

It's about the only thing that matters.

As to punishment, I'm not sure that's the right word. He needs understand that he needs to make better decisions.

If he'd broken it instead of fractured it, there would have been significant impact to him performing the job he's paid incredibly well for. He needs to understand that. If the calls about him not wanting North to find out are true he's already probably acutely aware.

Kid could be anything, he needs to get that he has the entire club working towards helping him do that.

He's lucky and so are we.

IF this impacts his career then members have the right to be pissed off. Until then, its just an injury sustained doing dumb sh*t. I have no issues unless his injury is debilitating, then i’ll be ******* annoyed greatly

With you mate.

Jaidyn is entitled to make his own mistakes -and- club members are entitled to express an opinion (rather than be declared "none of their business") if a player gets up to something that could jeoparise their career.

I blame Jack Mahony. If not, it was Shaun Atley's fault.

A good team needs a mix of personalities. Don't mind Jaidyn's style but it's not the kind you would make captain 🤭

Hope he's okay and doesn't need surgery. We need him fit and firing.

Punishment would be the wrong decision here. Some well constructed feedback is the right approach. Brady's comments were on point.

Daisy Thomas on Triple M said that he performed the trick off the balcony.
That’s pretty stupid if you ask me, however boys will be boys.
I’m sure that he’ll make a full recovery and kill it in Round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thank * he didn't nail it. His encore may have stared from the roof top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good team needs a mix of personalities. Don't mind Jaidyn's style but it's not the kind you would make captain 🤭

Hope he's okay and doesn't need surgery. We need him fit and firing.

Punishment would be the wrong decision here. Some well constructed feedback is the right approach. Brady's comments were on point.
Might be the kick up the arse he needs. Worked for Jy.

Bring on 2022 with Sleevo dominating the wing..

I heard earlier that he was trying to clear a flight of stairs. Whether it was stairs or a balcony, I think we can all agree that it's sick.

This clipping is from the August 31 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

Roo avoids surgery
Herald Sun - Tuesday, 31 Aug 2021 - Page 52

NORTH Melbourne’s Jaidyn Stephenson is likely to avoid surgery after his backyard bicycle accident last week.

Stephenson met with a surgeon on Saturday, after X-rays showed a small fracture in his hip.

The 22-year-old had presented to Epworth Hospital in a wheelchair on Friday, following a fall off his back deck when he tried to do a trick on his mountain bike.

Stephenson is understood to still be in significant pain, but there is no indication from doctors that surgery will be required at this stage.

It means Stephenson may not miss pre-season training, which may start November 22.

North Melbourne investigated Stephenson’s fall with his full co-operation and established it had come after he had enjoyed drinks at home with housemates.

Copyright © 2021 News Pty Limited

1630360858922.png

Sent from my iPad

At 21 I jumped from a moving train to catch a connecting one I was running late for. I ended up ass over titto on platform one of the old Spencer Street Station mid rush hour with a busted open suitcase, severe grazing and wicked bruising all over my body.
Happily I did make the train, then bus at Warrnambool, however I had eleven long hours all the way to Robe to think about my actions.
Would never do the same again. Wisdom with age and all that. Direct flights only take an hour! 🙄

I’ll put my hand up too. The 2 things that actually make me nervous when I think back,

I walked around the outside edge of a balcony about 10~15 stories up.

I did a backflip off the top of a double story house into a pool, but I had to clear a spar that dropped off into a pool.

Both could have killed me of left me paralysed but I just didn’t think about it. The balcony one in particular makes me feel sick.

Did heaps of other dumb stuff but those two stand out. I would do just about anything to shock or make my mates laugh.

I was such a dickhead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back