AFL Player #20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - Pleads guilty at tribunal, 4 week suspension - 26/3

Remove this Banner Ad

When he played for us, Smack looked more likely around the goals. We have a 4 game sample so I'll reserve judgment, but Wright looked like a plodder last week.
He isn't a ruckman.

Wright is a better footballer than Smack. It hasn't come together yet but I'm confident it will

Is there space for him with Hooker, Jones and Stringer there? I don't see where he fits.
This is Hooker's last year in all likelihood, Jones will need breaks throughout the year, as will Hooker probably too.

If it doesnt work out but eyre, jones, baldwin and waterman do, no big loss.
I think I'm subconsciously dismissive of Baldwin's existence. It's a long road from injury, although I see Johnson could play this weekend. If Baldwin gets his body right and Eyre develops well we'll be in a very good spot.

I think I'm subconsciously dismissive of Baldwin's existence. It's a long road from injury, although I see Johnson could play this weekend. If Baldwin gets his body right and Eyre develops well we'll be in a very good spot.
Quietly bullish.
I would imagine we've done the homework on his rehab, and talent doesnt disappear.
There will be the question on how the knee holds up but with afl level medical facilities and coaching around him, ideally its mainly a question of good management and luck now.

Should change from 2MP to 3MP, soft inoffensive easy listening radio classics on your am dial, up next it's LRB singing reminiscing

Do do doooo do do doooo do do

i saw peter at a coffee shop in Pyrmont in the morning before the Sydney game.

looks more like 198cm too me.

this 2m peter stuff is a rort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hasn't been a superstar but I think he deserves credit for not being Shaun Mckernan

I love how psychically burned by the Smack years we all are. The bar for a tall bloke to be acceptable in the 22 is now "well he doesn't give away crazy free kicks, and his neck is kinda normal length, so let's all count our blessings". Everyone nods solemnly. Yes, we are indeed very lucky.

If Smack and Wright were the same age, I'd take Smack every day of the week.
You'd be very stupid then. Wright is better, period.

thanks Eth the expert. Case closed.
One has never kicked 20 goals in a year in his 10+ year career
One has done it 3 times in his 6 year career

I wonder which one is better. Hmm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back