May 1, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Alabama Crimson Tide
Re: NFL combine

42 reps...what a tank :rolleyes:

The Combine record is 45 (from a previous year) does anyone know who it was?

Mike Kudla from Ohio State i think

yep , Brodrick Bunkley lifted the bar 44 times last year to come close, another combine star looking like being a bust. Some teams never learn, the combine is a waste of time IMO.

yep , Brodrick Bunkley lifted the bar 44 times last year to come close, another combine star looking like being a bust. Some teams never learn, the combine is a waste of time IMO.

Ah well, at least something is going on in the off season. I like the tradition of carrying the stats-heavy nature of American Football to the Combine.

However, yeah, you can be good on the day and a crap footballer. They should do drills fully padded up against an opposition player.

Ah well, at least something is going on in the off season. I like the tradition of carrying the stats-heavy nature of American Football to the Combine.

However, yeah, you can be good on the day and a crap footballer. They should do drills fully padded up against an opposition player.

While I agree the combine is a bit of a futile exercise with some of the drills, overall I think the concept is good. As it gives owners the chance to just see all the talent in each position kind of conceptually perform against their peers in a controlled environment, just to give them any last tangible thoughts on their abilities. Just helpful to see them all there and make direct comparisons between say 10 players all on the same day in the same conditions etc.

Also, I think the interview and testing stage is very important, you learn a lot about your prospective draft picks that way.

But I agree that good performances here don't automatically equate to NFL success. It's just a feeler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back