2008 player prices (forwards)

Remove this Banner Ad

angus monfries is a good price gets alot of ball. Joel Patfull is in as a forward he played half back last season.

i like didak.. poor year last year.. can average 80.. had a great final last year v west coast... i still reckon he could be a great pick

He'll be getting a heck of a lot more of it if he plays in the middle this season :) Better value than Didak.

I don't ecpect Monfries to play most of his time in the middle this season, probably lingering around HF for most of it...I think he'll be playing more in the midfield next year, but he still isn't 100% ready to make that move this year imo...But I agree, he'll be better value than Didak...;)

I reckon he's ready. He's as tough as nails and twice as sharp. He's learnt a lot in the last 12 months (no more "Hollywood Monfries") and I think he'll murder it if given the chance. I also read a reference to an interview with him somewhere recently where he basically hinted that that was what could be happening. Still, even if he just starts to drift up there a bit I'll be happy.

I think our midfield is going to be a bit of a surprise packet this year. Shhh. :)

I reckon he's ready. He's as tough as nails and twice as sharp. He's learnt a lot in the last 12 months (no more "Hollywood Monfries") and I think he'll murder it if given the chance. I also read a reference to an interview with him somewhere recently where he basically hinted that that was what could be happening. Still, even if he just starts to drift up there a bit I'll be happy.

I think our midfield is going to be a bit of a surprise packet this year. Shhh. :)

He said he might get a couple of runs in the midfield in an interview but wasn't expecting to play there regularly....Yeah, our midfield has gotten alot stronger this preseason from all reports....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I picked Monfries last year beacuse of this pre-season "hype". He didn't fire a shot and was average at best. Not sure about this year.
He did OK after coming back into the team and playing a little more in the midfield

There's 1 question that I want answered before I pick him
Is he going to play midfield
After Rd 1, if he's playing almost full-time midfield, then pick him
If he's playing HF, not worth it IMHO

Didak's a good pick though

He did OK after coming back into the team and playing a little more in the midfield

There's 1 question that I want answered before I pick him
Is he going to play midfield
After Rd 1, if he's playing almost full-time midfield, then pick him
If he's playing HF, not worth it IMHO

Didak's a good pick though

But why? I think he'll be better this year regardless of where he plays. If he gets into the midfield more often, I reckon that's just a bonus. He's obviously got a good footy brain and with three seasons under his belt now I reckon he's ready to take it to the next level.

Maybe I'm biased though :) Sometimes its hard to see things dispassionately when you have one red eye and one black eye.

And yes, Didak is a very good pick at that price.

jesus a lock already? i really cant trust him after last year.

Alright, maybe I got carried away a bit. No-one's definite yet, but out of all the forwards on offer he looks to be one of the best value cheaper options.

Of course there's a risk involved, and it didnt really work out so well last year, but in the few games where he did drop into the midfield he showed the potential he has to get 80-90+ scores. As people have said, it's just a matter of whether or not Knights will consistenly play him in the midfield, which we'll have to wait for more word from Knights about and watch the NAB cup for.

As long as Gus is put in the midfield or half forward line, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take him. Not because I'm certain he's gonna be a star or anything, just because to me he looks like the best-value, lowest-risk and fairly highly-potentialed player in his price range.

I had Monfries last year for the first 5 or 6 rounds and he didnt do anything special. He averaged around 60 with the occasional 80+. As most people have said if he plays in the middle you might consider him.

Though in the last 4 rounds he got a 91, 115, 56 and 110. His late season form may carry on in to 08.

Question, who do people think out of Nathan Thompson, Trent Hentschel or Stuart Dew?

Im going to pick one of them, but im not sure which.

Question, who do people think out of Nathan Thompson, Trent Hentschel or Stuart Dew?

Im going to pick one of them, but im not sure which.

Keep well away from Hentschel, but see how Thompson's and Dew's NAB Cup goes, the better form out of them series of matches would be your best bet...:thumbsu:

Pretty happy with Thompson's intra club match apparently lead and marked well at pretty much full tilt without any drama's, like to see how Dew goes before committing although the price is bang on for picking him up, and think Hentschel will need 4-5 games to get back into full tilt bit of a risk but i suppose in fantasy football risks often pay off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back