Review 2011 National Draft - Pick 15 Brandon Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee he looks like Heath Shaw when he plays.

Great courage.

Can kick both sides of the body.

And from what I have heard a simply outstanding fellow.

Hardwick to the button, good character and good kick.

I feel proud that he has come to our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very solid looking kid for his age. Hopefully for you guys he's everything you need him to be. He won't be a KPP based on his height, but like someone else said, he's a got a real Heath Shaw look about him, and if he can play like him then you guys will be on to a winner.

Jason Phelan says: Ellis has the sort of competitive streak you love to see in a player. He reads the play well off half-back and has the smarts and the ability to find a teammate further up the field, but can also go into the centre square where his strength in the contest is a feature. In a display of his courage, durability and work rate, Ellis collided heavily with a goal post during the Cannons' semi-final win against the Jets, but recovered to take a strong mark running back with the flight of the ball just minutes later. Was named in the TAC Cup Team of the Year.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=125508

WEEKLY Sports journalist Teo Pellizzeri and TAC Cup reporter Jonathan Wilkinson mull over the prospects for the Calder Cannons ahead of Thursday's AFL national draft.

TP: There are some players who are considered certainties to be drafted: is that a folly or reality?

JW: I've had the privilege of chatting to recruiters from different clubs and they were all unanimous in Brandon Ellis (West Coburg) as a certainty to be drafted. He's got leg speed and great disposal.

TP: He was prolific for Vic Metro. What's unique about Brandon Ellis that you like?

JW: He's a good head in traffic, makes good decisions and has got a thumping kick, up to 60m out of the backline. He's almost AFL-ready body wise.

http://www.macedonrangesweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/afl-draft-spotlight-on-calder-cannons-rookies/2365344.aspx

Just loving the kicking skills on display in his highlights package.

Of course would have loved an tough midfielder but if he is not suited in that role I want to see him kicking in for us and setting us up from defence ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back