Toast 2012 granny kanga makes our lads stand up

Remove this Banner Ad

It was for those at the ground and might have seen it on tele, when we lost to sh!tney, Kanga went round to all oour players and go them to stand up. And IMHO I believe that is one of those moments that have fdriven us the last 3 years and wil drive us to the 1st Saturday in October this year
Great symbolism. Sitting down implies you're finished. Beaten. Standing up implies that while you might have been beaten that day, the challenge is still on and you're prepared to continue on.

There is something powerful about posture and body language that can have profound effects on not only those watching you but also your own mindset. Standing tall with good posture is meant to be great for self confidence while the simple act of forcing a smile for a couple minutes can reverse engineer the feeling of happiness.

Another similar piece of closely related symbolism is how we line up for the national anthem before finals games. A lot of other teams will stand with legs a bit further than shoulder width apart, hands behind back but with elbows sticking out. All spaced out with a bit of a gap between each player. Their line can sometimes end up looking almost twice as long as ours, if not longer. I guess they think this makes them not only look bigger but more numerous too.

Hawthorn on the otherhand prefer to line up closely packed together, as a single unit team. Arms around each other symbolising the support and protection every player promises to each of their teammates. All for one.

It was for those at the ground and might have seen it on tele, when we lost to sh!tney, Kanga went round to all oour players and go them to stand up. And IMHO I believe that is one of those moments that have fdriven us the last 3 years and wil drive us to the 1st Saturday in October this year
That's cool.

No whinging - accept it. Win the next three

I like the bit when the plane flies through the collapsing buildings, and the crumbling highway scenes.

Ha! That literally made me laugh out loud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back