Cloke
Hawkins
JPod
Roughead
Clark
Petrie
Kennedy

Thats 14

JPod and Clark aren't high end KPF's so I would say that Kerr is on the money, although Jack Darling could join them with a strong year next year. The teams with 2 KPF's on the list are up the top of the ladder, Hawthorn and Adelaide, with Sydney almost being the odd one out.

Apprently there are 12 high end KPF's:

Franklin
J. Reiwoldt
N. Reiwoldt
Brown
Pavlich
Tippett
Walker
Cloke
Hawkins
JPod
Roughead
Clark
Petrie
Kennedy

Thats 14
While I could debate whether a couple of those guys deserve to be on that list, probably the more salient point is does it make a significant difference to the point Kerr was making?

Of course not, it was more so an off-track discussion on what the recruiters might be thinking.

Besides the article asked the reader to come up with 12 so I thought I'd have a crack.

JPod and Clark aren't high end KPF's so I would say that Kerr is on the money, although Jack Darling could join them with a strong year next year. The teams with 2 KPF's on the list are up the top of the ladder, Hawthorn and Adelaide, with Sydney almost being the odd one out.

Clark would be the obvious candidate to be ommitted considering he's never had a strong goal kicking year compared to the others.

JPod & Kenendy would go close and I'd say you are correct.

Brilliant piece of writing by Kerr. Great to get such an indepth insight into the thinking of our footy club. Love the clear distance there is between recruiting and coaching. Kerr's line about coaches believing they can turn players around has to be directed at White.

Loved the insight on what Moloney can bring to the team on and off the field. Looking forward to seeing what our drafting will look like. With the info in place you would suggest we might draft the best key position forward in the draft with pick 8.

Kerr's line about coaches believing they can turn players around has to be directed at White.
My thoughts too.

To be honest, it is an expect of list management that I'd never considered - that coaches would see themselves as being able to turn around a player while the list manager takes a more risk based approach.

The part about Jesse Hogan made me want to put my fist through my computer monitor.

I hope Melbourne get smashed to kingdom come with draft penalties.

While it pisses me off no end as well, even if they didn't have Scully's picks, Is it not likely that they would have trumped us with pick 3 and 24 anyway? Strangely this would have meant getting Viney for a third rounder!

What pisses me off even more is that Hogan wanted to come to Brisbane and learn of Browny, but now he has got nutty neeldy. I feel sorry for him he had a promising career, poor kid.

I wouldn't be upset about Jesse White, but I would only rookie him.

While it pisses me off no end as well, even if they didn't have Scully's picks, Is it not likely that they would have trumped us with pick 3 and 24 anyway?

No.

The minidraft bidding comes after father son bidding.

Can I just say. I said to everyone here that Kerr had said he was willing to trade pick 8. I clearly remember either reading that, or hearing him say that. When asked for a link I searched for one but I couldn't seem to find one. When I said I could not provide you guys with one you guys all labelled me a liar among other things. I stood by what I said however because I knew I was right and I didn't really care that you guys didn't believe me. Well my friends, here is the confirmation that Kerr and the Lions were willing to part with pick 8. Oh how sweet it feels! I know many of you are now going to say: "but you still have no proof that he actually said that in the past" but the fact that he has come out and said it will do for me. I know I am right!(For once:p)

Please mods any possibility of having a separate thread on Kerr's post-trade article with the two previous ones linked in the thread. It would help with future reference rather than trawling through many different threads?
Cheers

Edit; Also the same with Kerr's Post-Draft articles also having it's own thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I just say. I said to everyone here that Kerr had said he was willing to trade pick 8. I clearly remember either reading that, or hearing him say that. When asked for a link I searched for one but I couldn't seem to find one. When I said I could not provide you guys with one you guys all labelled me a liar among other things. I stood by what I said however because I knew I was right and I didn't really care that you guys didn't believe me. Well my friends, here is the confirmation that Kerr and the Lions were willing to part with pick 8. Oh how sweet it feels! I know many of you are now going to say: "but you still have no proof that he actually said that in the past" but the fact that he has come out and said it will do for me. I know I am right!(For once:p)
For those interested in reading the sequence of events described above: Link.

It is obvious the club doesn't rate the draft to well considering Kerr has stated several times the club is willing to depart with pick 8 for certain trades and we are going to be active in trade week to bring more mature bodies into the club.

Not one of our hundreds of other members has yet professed to hearing these comments from Kerr.

For those interested in reading the sequence of events described above: Link.

Not one of our hundreds of other members has yet professed to hearing these comments from Kerr.
Maybe the part about rating the draft was a little bit off and the fact that he had stated several times about parting with pick 8 but he definitely said it and I know he did.

Maybe the part about rating the draft was a little bit off and the fact that he had stated several times about parting with pick 8 but he definitely said it and I know he did.

I know for certain Obama said he had rigged the election so that he would win. He won yesterday so I'm right. Correlation =/ Causation

The only things that are definite are the things that you can prove with evidence. Everyone's memory is faulty.

To quote a less successful Democratic presidential candidate, it is possible to be certain and wrong.

I'm guessing that it's no coincidence that since Kerr joined us we haven't used a pick after pick 50 in the draft. Could just be because the drafts have been compromised though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back