Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool & Melbourne Storm
Major prize: $50,000 & double pass for the "Ultimate Grand Final Day" in 2013

Weekly prizes: Double pass to the game of the winner's choice (excluding Anzac Day and Finals), an AFL "Fantasy" Sherrin football and a $50 Merchandise pack

Early league creation prize: meet with an AFL Player & Champion Data expert to assist with picking your ultimate Fantasy Team

Eliminator prize: Double pass to the game of the winner's choice (excluding Anzac Day and Finals), an AFL "Fantasy" Sherrin football and a $50 Merchandise pack

Top weekly scorer season prize: Double pass for the "Ultimate Grand Final Day" in 2013

Please discuss your thoughts bout this ...

It's official, the AFL is rigged and match fixing is RIFE! North Melbourne will be in the grand final this year:

$50,000 CASH

AND

A double pass for the "Ultimate Grand Final Day" in 2013, consisting of:

- 2 x tickets to the North Melbourne Grand Final Breakfast (for the winner and 1 companion).
- 2 x Reserved seats for the Grand Final game.
- Access to on-ground to watch the Grand Final sprint.
- Entry into the AFL Centre Square for the post-game party for the winner and 1 companion.

Not that I was going to win eliminator anyway but doubt I will even bother going to the eliminator tab this year.

I would actually rather win my league and have bragging rights for the year then win the entire eliminator and get to go to a game with a new hat and calendar.

• Banned
Not that I was going to win eliminator anyway but doubt I will even bother going to the eliminator tab this year.

I would actually rather win my league and have bragging rights for the year then win the entire eliminator and get to go to a game with a new hat and calendar.

It's not a case of wanting to go in it or not. You are automatically put in it by the competition aslong as you are in the top 340,000 or so. So if you want to stand a chance of winning your league, then surely you'd have to be scoring well enough to be in the top 340k anyway

The prize for winning the eliminator is worse than the prize for the weekly winner.

All I have to say is...

catrm.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For such a fun part of DT that SC doesn't offer, they've really done their best to take away from the eliminator.

For such a fun part of DT that SC doesn't offer, they've really done their best to take away from the eliminator.

That's a good point.

It's a free competition for the public so I guess they don't have to contribute much in the way of prizes but what were they smoking when they decided to divvy up the prizes in this fashion?

It would be awesome to win the eliminator but kind of deflating at the same time, especially if a mate of yours finishes with a rank outside the top 30,000 but manages to snaffle the weekly prize through sheer luck.

It would be awesome to win the eliminator but kind of deflating at the same time, especially if a mate of yours finishes with a rank outside the top 30,000 but manages to snaffle the weekly prize through sheer luck.
Or thinking about what the prize was a couple of years back compared to what you won this year (if you won it).

I got to admit I'm really disappointed at the weekly prize. The main reason I play DT and spend hours a week researching is the hope of winning a weekly prize. Bit like a weekly lotto ticket. $500 wasn't much of a prize but it was a nice incentive to keep going after realising you're absolutely no chance for the top prize which is usually by Rd3. Can't see myself forking out $20 for Assistant Coach this year, may as well buy a lotto quick pick instead.

What's the rough value of the new weekly prize anyway?

I got to admit I'm really disappointed at the weekly prize. The main reason I play DT and spend hours a week researching is the hope of winning a weekly prize. Bit like a weekly lotto ticket. $500 wasn't much of a prize but it was a nice incentive to keep going after realising you're absolutely no chance for the top prize which is usually by Rd3. Can't see myself forking out $20 for Assistant Coach this year, may as well buy a lotto quick pick instead.

What's the rough value of the new weekly prize anyway?

At least $2,000 if you were to scalp the tickets, not too shabby. It's the eliminator that is disappointing.

At least $2,000 if you were to scalp the tickets, not too shabby. It's the eliminator that is disappointing.

Weekly prize tickets are only H & A games though, doubt they are worth anywhere near that.

At least SC weekly is still $1000 I came close with a weekly ranking of 17 last year (was 60 points off the pace) I just don't enjoy playing SC anywhere near as much as DT. I love counting DT points of my players while listening/watching games...can't do that for SC.

Weekly prize tickets are only H & A games though, doubt they are worth anywhere near that.

At least SC weekly is still $1000 I came close with a weekly ranking of 17 last year (was 60 points off the pace) I just don't enjoy playing SC anywhere near as much as DT. I love counting DT points of my players while listening/watching games...can't do that for SC.

Omg... I just realised. That's only for the best weekly scorer for the entire season.

How is it possible that the prizes have deteriorated to this level and yet the competition has grown in size?

Omg... I just realised. That's only for the best weekly scorer for the entire season.

How is it possible that the prizes have deteriorated to this level and yet the competition has grown in size?

Crazy hey? The AFL have made it more fun(easier) for the average player with 44 trades, but what they fail to realise is we are a nation of punters, and without $$$ incentives, people will lose interest faster than they did in previous seasons.

Screw you NAB.

First you screw up my job when you tookover the company I used to work for (working for you sucked bigtime)

Then you try to screw me over with a 'travel money card' (luckily I didn't fall for THAT con)

Now you screw me over by stuffing up AFL Dreamteam with wanky prizes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back