List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say congrats to all who have the emotional fortitude necessary to participate in and read this thread.
I can't do it. After we have drafted I'll be all over the threads on our recruits.
But I used to be that kid with his nose against the toy shop window.:)
Remember a few years ago we had a decent 1st pick and a knowledgeable poster spruiked the qualities of a player who could be available.
I read, I watched video. I agreed with the assessment and got excited.;)
Then the day came and Heppell went to Essendrugs.:eek:
Now I watch him break games open and :oops:.
I can't invest in the player who will probably end up elsewhere and I don't know enough about the boys coming through to have an opinion.
But to those of you who can do it
nod020.gif

At first I thought it was a misprint and they meant to write 81kg, but then it kept appearing in the write ups. Even now on the AFL site they list him as 71kg. If he has packed on some weight come combine he'd probably jump back ahead.
It's definitely the right measurement but being in the GC academy he will have bulked up. He doesn't look any smaller than Duggan.

I'd go Batch. We need Grimes with his speed he can play small. Dea would fetch nothing. Batch having played best 22 during the winning streak might attract some interest.
Most would keep grimes over the Dea & Batchelor .................. BUT

As you mentioned what we could get for Dea probably nothing and Batchelor maybe a decent trade with melbourne might nett us a need player such as tapscott/Toumpas (with a selection thrown in)

Grimes injuries would also need to be considered , I love the bloke but just feel that he will be 1 of these players that will be lucky to get to 150 games in 12 years

I just want to say congrats to all who have the emotional fortitude necessary to participate in and read this thread.
I can't do it. After we have drafted I'll be all over the threads on our recruits.
But I used to be that kid with his nose against the toy shop window.:)
Remember a few years ago we had a decent 1st pick and a knowledgeable poster spruiked the qualities of a player who could be available.
I read, I watched video. I agreed with the assessment and got excited.;)
Then the day came and Heppell went to Essendrugs.:eek:
Now I watch him break games open and :oops:.
I can't invest in the player who will probably end up elsewhere and I don't know enough about the boys coming through to have an opinion.
But to those of you who can do it
nod020.gif
Hahaha I know how you feel. I haven't watched anywhere near as much this year after our haul of juniors was Ben Lennon and...nothing lol

Most would keep grimes over the Dea & Batchelor .................. BUT

As you mentioned what we could get for Dea probably nothing and Batchelor maybe a decent trade with melbourne might nett us a need player such as tapscott/Toumpas (with a selection thrown in)

Grimes injuries would also need to be considered , I love the bloke but just feel that he will be 1 of these players that will be lucky to get to 150 games in 12 years
Probably a fair call. I just don't rate Batchelor and wouldn't blink if he was gone. Having said that, he played a role in a winning team so someone might grab him. As opposed to Grimes who has a bit more versatility with his athleticism and he's slowly growing back into the player he was when he last had a good run at it. (2012?)

Probably a fair call. I just don't rate Batchelor and wouldn't blink if he was gone. Having said that, he played a role in a winning team so someone might grab him. As opposed to Grimes who has a bit more versatility with his athleticism and he's slowly growing back into the player he was when he last had a good run at it. (2012?)
Whats your View on the 3 melbourne boys and how you see them if they were to come to richmond
Toumpas,Blease,Tapscott

Whats your View on the 3 melbourne boys and how you see them if they were to come to richmond
Toumpas,Blease,Tapscott
Would love Toumpas but not at the cost. Kid can play but he's more the icing type and Melbourne need to build a cake quickly to help him out. Actually Tigerbob here's one HBF that I'd be happy to grab.

Blease only as a rookie. Worth a try with 5 picks in it but probably would be a bust.

Tapscott was a talent from memory. I think we were keen too if Griffiths was gone.* Turns out Tapscott was the one gone anyway.

*This is just a hazy recollection so in before in 3 years time this becomes fact. :D

Would love Toumpas but not at the cost. Kid can play but he's more the icing type and Melbourne need to build a cake quickly to help him out. Actually Tigerbob here's one HBF that I'd be happy to grab.

Blease only as a rookie. Worth a try with 5 picks in it but probably would be a bust.

Tapscott was a talent from memory. I think we were keen too if Griffiths was gone.* Turns out Tapscott was the one gone anyway.

*This is just a hazy recollection so in before in 3 years time this becomes fact. :D
I liked all 3 players in their respective drafts and actually believe the envoirment at melbourne as well as injuries have taken their toll on these kids, But the important thing is that they are still young enough to make it.

You mentioned iceing/cake , well we have the cake but need the iceing, I would love for us to make a play for these kids
Tapscott is a medium power foward thats been played off half back and would be much more suited to our HFF and has the ability to go through the midfield and Toumpass is the perfect replacement for Grigg or the outside silk we need
Blease, I loved what this kid could do at junior level and his speed is something we are lacking

#11 for all 3 players i wouldnt be dissapointed

Would anybody like Tom Lamb with our 2nd selection, Think he might just slide slightly to make it to #30-#32

Batchelor,Grimes,Dea

We will need to trade 1 out, 3 players playing the same role but after 3-4 years none have really made it their own in grimes case due to injury Batchelor stalled and Dea never started

Hoping Dea is the one traded but Grimes probably the player that has most currency
If it was up to me I'd trade Batchelor and Dea and keep Grimes. Grimes over his career has shown that he can play tall and small while also providing some rebound from defence when we have the ball. Batchelor doesn't have that flexibility and in 13 games this year he showed that his rebound game has gone missing. While Dea for all his hype within the club just doesn't seem able to handle the step up in class from VFL to AFL level.

While Dea and Batch won't get us much in terms of trade a deal where we could use them along with a later pick to upgrade to an earlier pick might just help us attack the draft.

Grimes also showed against the Saints that he has the potential to run offensively. Batch finds it hard to run at all with those surfboards under his arms.

Toumpas would be a good get but depends on cost.

Blease is Carlton bound. Do not want anyway.

Tapscott has plenty of issues. We don't need more average.
Blease 100% wants to go to Carlton.
He wanted to come to either us or the hawks last year but Roos convinced him to stay.
I know him personally btw

Toumpas would be a good get but depends on cost.

Blease is Carlton bound. Do not want anyway.

Tapscott has plenty of issues. We don't need more average.

For Toumpas, wasn't he a part of the 5 the Dees a shopping for first round picks? If thats the price, I'd pass, but it will be interesting to see if anyone comes close to biting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good idea. Toumpas has pace, kicking skills and class as well as great leadership values. Please forward to Blair RFC_Official ;)

Blease 100% wants to go to Carlton.
He wanted to come to either us or the hawks last year but Roos convinced him to stay.
I know him personally btw
Well seeing as how you know him, Might be a good question to ask why he has changed his mind from us to tankers
Is it that we havn't shown interest or that MM has promised him more

If Tapscott is over his injury concerns I wouldn't mind giving them our third rounder for him. Strong bodied and a thumping kick.
I would rather trade a player thats surplus to our need tbh, Batchelor,Dea,Thomas :p
He's all tip and no iceberg. Plastic tough guy.
Every player has injury concerns and Tapscott has been unlucky but his junior years really looked quality and is an aggressive ball player
Very good idea. Toumpas has pace, kicking skills and class as well as great leadership values. Please forward to Blair RFC_Official ;)
I think we could do alot worse than Jimmy Toumpas, He is a classy user and the type we need
hope we atleast enquire if Mr FJ rated him ofcourse

Trengrove is the only one id be happy with, just for his pace. Trading for players from melbourne is playing with fire though...very risky. Richmond can't afford to make any more mistakes with draft and trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back