2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS, lets get over ourselves a little re facilities. The NEAFL over the past few years would have been the equivalent standard of a good country footy league in Victoria - trust me, there are significantly worse facilities starting with the oval surface, moving on to cold showers of many a club at that level in Vic!! Footy clubs aren't a competition about who has the best facilities - there is a bit more to a footy club than this!!

Yes, correct SMY. Broadbeach have top level facilities now , other clubs have good facs, and other clubs have ordinary facs... This is the case in all leagues across the nation... As you said, its all about having a good community club in all facets and achieving success is the goal regardless of the standard of the facilities.!!

FFS, lets get over ourselves a little re facilities. The NEAFL over the past few years would have been the equivalent standard of a good country footy league in Victoria - trust me, there are significantly worse facilities starting with the oval surface, moving on to cold showers of many a club at that level in Vic!! Footy clubs aren't a competition about who has the best facilities - there is a bit more to a footy club than this!!

That said no problem with supporters and officials being proud of their facilities. It's what is talked about when there's nothing to talk about. Any player movements?

Anyone heard what's going on with under 18's? Points system or salary cap? When does the draw come out? Will morningside lose a game? Will UQ win a game?

Are NEAFL players eligible for finals/b&f awards/league medals etc?

Interesting if a neafl player won a AFLQ club b&f. Clubs would rig it to ensure it wouldn't happen

That said no problem with supporters and officials being proud of their facilities. It's what is talked about when there's nothing to talk about. Any player movements?

Anyone heard what's going on with under 18's? Points system or salary cap? When does the draw come out? Will morningside lose a game? Will UQ win a game?

Are NEAFL players eligible for finals/b&f awards/league medals etc?

Interesting if a gun neafl player won a AFLQ club b&f. Clubs would rig it to ensure it wouldn't happen
what will happen if a gun NEAFL player is coming back from injury and his programme is to play half a game? what QAFL club will say ok he can do that with us?

U18's is a qualifying situation for a "Rising Stars comp" 2010 - 15 teams graded into an 8 team comp in March. Basically the NEAFL teams from last year minus Labrador + the top 5 AP teams from 2013, Uni, Caloundra, PBC and Burleigh. Conference comps for all other teams + those that don't qualify.

Reserves. There should be no obligation for an AFLQ club to play the neafl guy in the seniors.
Will b interesting to see how it all pans out. Bit rich of a qafl club to accept a player in an internal draft of sorts knowing that he potentially could b a match winner for them when he plays but not accept the flip side of the investment. Imagine there might b sum conditions in due course with accepting "drafted" players. Not sure anyone will b forced to take someone? Will be interesting to see how individual clubs juggle it all.

I personally wouldn't want anyone coming down from the NEAFL to play in my side. It creates a bad feeling in the locker room and disunity in team structures etc. Plus as if a NEAFL player is really going to care all that much about a win for a club he doesn't belong to, he's just going to go out there to get as much disposal as he can. I would say thanks but no thanks to anyone coming down, unless they were originally from the club of course.

I personally wouldn't want anyone coming down from the NEAFL to play in my side. It creates a bad feeling in the locker room and disunity in team structures etc. Plus as if a NEAFL player is really going to care all that much about a win for a club he doesn't belong to, he's just going to go out there to get as much disposal as he can. I would say thanks but no thanks to anyone coming down, unless they were originally from the club of course.

one would think the players that don't make selection in home and away games at NEAFL level will return to their home club to play.And that will be good for the qafl sides.But they will have to play to game plan.
Yes there will be players that have been recruited from interstate etc, that who don't make selection in a home and away game, will have to be delegated to one of the qafl clubs also. In this case, I feel this particular player will abide by the game plan of the specific aflq club they are playing for....it wont be one playing for themselves, taking on a individual role trying to rake up a high possession count, as I know this will not be what their Neafl club wants.They will be looking for the player to disciplne themselves and play to the game plan and obviously will be in close contact with the specifc aflq club coach about this.

Agree stuy. If a guy comes back to the qafl and isn't in the best 6 why would he be promoted? These guys will be on reasonable bucks for playing A grade, not qafl. No different to Adelaide players coming back to sanfl clubs.

Agree stuy. If a guy comes back to the qafl and isn't in the best 6 why would he be promoted? These guys will be on reasonable bucks for playing A grade, not qafl. No different to Adelaide players coming back to sanfl clubs.

Not sure players have to be in the best 6 to be promoted - certainly doesn't happen at AFL level all the time - more a case of needs of the senior team etc.
What are the numbers like at pre season training from all the clubs? Cats have had some solid numbers at some sessions and very few at others. Is anyone got good numbers consistently?

Not sure players have to be in the best 6 to be promoted - certainly doesn't happen at AFL level all the time - more a case of needs of the senior team etc.
What are the numbers like at pre season training from all the clubs? Cats have had some solid numbers at some sessions and very few at others. Is anyone got good numbers consistently?

The UQ QAFL squad has wrapped up now until after the holidays but there have been good numbers across all of the QAFL, QAFA, Colts & Ladies groups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth about Joey Daye going to Sandgate? Would be a nice pickup along with his younger brother.

Sounds like this is the same with most of the clubs at the moment. The whole NEAFL thing has thrown a lot out so I wouldn't think too much about it until late January to see where each team is with their lists/training numbers.

Maybe not but they wouldn't be able to come back and make mud pies either. Granted there will be times when some clubs play guys in the NEAFL simply bc their lists have run thin but I reckon its all about how QAFL clubs go about embracing the guys who come back from NEAFL sides and could be the difference between finals success and not. Teeat them as part of your club the minute they have their name linked to your group and i think that most (not all) guys will be happy to do their best when (if) coming back down.

I just hope there's a rule that anyone on a NEAFL list isn't eligible for QAFL Finals or that they have to play a high amount of games, say >10, to qualify. It would be a bit of a let down if it were the usual >5 games amd Finals teams are completely different to what was seen during the regular season.

I can see if also working the other way. A guy who is 35th on the list of a NEAFL will likely play a lot of footy at a QAFL club. I can see a player reaching the cut of for transfers and wanting to stay at the QAFL side he has spent all year at and probably built some friendships and feeling part of a club. Not to mention feeling like an "outsider" from their NEAFL club when every week they are playing elsewhere.

I can see if also working the other way. A guy who is 35th on the list of a NEAFL will likely play a lot of footy at a QAFL club. I can see a player reaching the cut of for transfers and wanting to stay at the QAFL side he has spent all year at and probably built some friendships and feeling part of a club. Not to mention feeling like an "outsider" from their NEAFL club when every week they are playing elsewhere.

Maybe get a few extra $$$$ if on the qafl list too as my understanding is that a bloke at a neafl club may be on 300 per game for neafl and 100 for qafl games. If the qafl team offers 150-200 to ditch the neafl club that they aren't getting a game for anyway then that may prove attractive for players

This is the challenge for the NEAFL clubs- how to manage players 23-35 + 12 rookies.

Agreed. Just as long as it's a higher amount of games required for someone on a NEAFL list to qualify for finals then it would work. If they play say 8+ games then I'm sure they've built a relationship with any team and deservedly so should qualify for QAFL Finals. I just hope QAFL teams reward players on their own list first who have been with the team all year rather than someone coming down from NEAFL who met the minimum requirement.

Any word on the process that players on a NEAFL list getting assigned to a QAFL team? Will there be somewhat of a mini draft like how the SANFL deal with Crows/Power players coming down?

Any word on the process that players on a NEAFL list getting assigned to a QAFL team? Will there be somewhat of a mini draft like how the SANFL deal with Crows/Power players coming down?

From what I understand NEAFL players can nominate a QAFL club to be aligned with, and those that do not then enter a mini-draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back