List Mgmt. 2014 Swans Board Trade Period Discussion Thread (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Mod edit: Updated 30/09/2014 with latest info

Nick Malceski has accepted a Free Agent offer from the Gold Coast. We received a 2nd Round Compo pick after our original 2nd Round Pick.

Membrey has asked to be traded to St Kilda. Biggs is rumoured to of interested of Victorian clubs

Tom Mitchell is under contract until 2016 and has said he wants to stay at the club.

Academy Bidding saw us take Heeney with our First Round Pick, Hiscox with our Second Pick Pick and Davis with our Fourth Round Pick.

Current draft picks available to the Swans: 37 and 55

Discuss away

-------------------------------------------

THREAD RULE - Discussing the Draft, and draft prospects in a manner that requires the thread to go off topic will result in the posts being deleted and a thread ban being issued - we will start a draft thread in the coming weeks once our draft our starts to become clear

What do we need to do to keep Membrey?
Make assurances to him that he will play senior footy next year , although the fact he isn't signed now makes me think he is gone. Is salary is only minimal in the scale of things and you would think it would be fairly straight forward.

My money is that he will go in the psd

I hope we don't lose Mal. His kicking frustrated the hell out of me on Saturday, but he's normally better than that.

Mal manager has confirmed the GC interest and said is offering the best deal while other clubs are offering 2yrs+ triggers, Sydney has offered a 1yr deal :oops:

When pushed by TWR Niall said "They do have issues. They've got an unplanned situation, with their COLA (cost of living allowance) interfering," he said

Dunno but the jist of that doesn't sound to good.

Goodes and shaw arent contracted are they?

Rhyce Shaw says he will wait until the end of Sydney's premiership campaign before deciding whether he will play on next year.

The running defender is due to come out of contract at the end of the season and will be guided by his physical wellbeing and the club's wishes before making a call on whether to play on

I just wanted something clarified off the bat, if we trade up (i.e. a good mid /and/or a contracted player for a pick earlier than our no1 pick in the draft, say 5 but we said we would pick up heeney with out first, that now becomes 5 not the last pick in the 1st round?

If so we dont have any incentive to trade big player for picks at all do we?

Mal is gone.
Shaw should hang them up.
Goodes I think should let others come through , Membrey IF stays , Hewett etc.

If mal goes i dont mind as much as others seem too happy for him to stay

Shaw agree

Geez i hope membrey stays

I think goodes will stay

I just wanted something clarified off the bat, if we trade up (i.e. a good mid /and/or a contracted player for a pick earlier than our no1 pick in the draft, say 5 but we said we would pick up heeney with out first, that now becomes 5 not the last pick in the 1st round?

If so we dont have any incentive to trade big player for picks at all do we?
No, father/son bidding happens before trade week (this Friday)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta for a 2nd rounder. If Mal goes so be it, he's getting on and will be 31 next year. Shaw has to get the tap on the shoulder

Agree with all of that, wouldnt of agreed with jetta before but i have had a gutful would rather put his salary into a defender. Speed is only good if prepared to use it

I hope shaw is smart enough to call it a day himself

Mal goes yeah ok hes a gun but id set a limit on our offer good luck elsewhere if he can get more wish him the best

What about goodes?

Goodes will play on and after Saturday he should.

Its a tough one. On the one hand he shows more leadership qualities than the rest of the team combined and would most likely still be good enough to be best 22 at most clubs in the comp until he's 37.

On the other hand... If he's holding back a kid like Membrey from developing then maybe it's not the end of the world if he hangs up the boots. We shouldn't be relying on a 34 year old to win us a flag.

Just shooting the s**t but.

Hannebery to St Kilda for pick 1.
Reid, pick 36 to Carlton for pick 6.
Jetta to the west pick 20 something.
Mal to go if offered three years at GC good compo pick in return.
Towers elsewhere for early 3rd round pick.

Not going to happen nor am I saying I would want to see Hannebery leave but no doubt St Kilda will inquire..

Just shooting the s**t but.

Hannebery to St Kilda for pick 1.
Reid, pick 36 to Carlton for pick 6.
Jetta to the west pick 20 something.
Mal to go if offered three years at GC good compo pick in return.
Towers elsewhere for early 3rd round pick.

Not going to happen nor am I saying I would want to see Hannebery leave but no doubt St Kilda will inquire..
Logic in your reasoning there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back