2014: Welcome to "The Meat Grinder"

Remove this Banner Ad

Righto, without furter data we can only gauge comparisons by way of opportunity's

You could also add in what eventuates from the clearance.

I still wish I had access to the visual data.

Yeah, I was treading the fine line between writing down the setups and watching/enjoying the game.
It would be interesting to see which setups resulted in clearances and the finer details of hit outs to advantage and roving.

Maybe it's something that could be shared amongst posters? We each record one quick stat/aspect and bring it all together post game.
The AFLs new bs web replay policy makes things much harder.

Yeah, I was treading the fine line between writing down the setups and watching/enjoying the game.
It would be interesting to see which setups resulted in clearances and the finer details of hit outs to advantage and roving.

Maybe it's something that could be shared amongst posters? .................

The AFLs new bs web replay policy makes things much harder.

I'm not knocking it at all mate. It's good data and much more than most posters go to the effort of posting.

Well done.:thumbsu:

We each record one quick stat/aspect and bring it all together post game.

Good idea. I used to have the old foxtel/HDD recorder myself, and in the past I could take your data and add to it, but the HDD has s**t itself.

I'm not the techiest person on the planet and my hiatus has left me rusty as to the ways of the world. In time, I will get on top of it again.

I need to kidnap giantroo for a week and lock him in my computer room.

I need to kidnap giantroo for a week and lock him in my computer room.

Sounds completely legit to me. For research purposes and stuff.

Righto, without furter data we can only gauge comparisons by way of opportunity's

1) Spitta (22) & Dumont (9). It's amazing how a midfielders output gets affected when they are placed out on a flank. It's a pity more supporters didn't give this some thought when they were sticking the boot in to Swallow.

2) There is a distinct lack of Dumont in the last quarter set ups which is when we played our best footy. JZ, Spitta, Cunners & Higgo seem to be the optimal group.

3) Atley was predominately used as a lockdown/link player.

There's not much else that can be gleaned from this data set. Can anyone apply this data to a review of the replay?
I'd be interested to see the setup for each centre bounce at the start, then when the ball was tapped. Anecdotally, I noticed we always seemed too close to the ruckmen, right under them.

IT'S BACK!

JZ, Cunners, LDU & Kyron Hayden

JZ can go forward and pinch hit in there. Much more damaging as a burst player in the middle and a general in the forward line.
Cunners, Higgo, Dumont, LDU Starting mids, mixture of toughness and class.
Ahern, Kyron, Zhurhar, Ats, JZ, Simpkin to run through there.
Jacobs when he has a job to do
LMac, Williams on the wings. I know LMac is tough as nails but we have enough extractors, he's such a good kick I want him running in space and shutting down the opposition spread

Jack needs to be more creative with his clearances. He needs to bring our outside players into the game instead of banging it on his boot. This will come

kangatime waiting for it to come.

images (3).jpeg

Beer, pizza and hookers will be supplied.

Has this happened or will be happenning? Just checking.

IT'S BACK!

JZ, Cunners, LDU & Kyron Hayden

Not this again Tef ffs. Do you enjoy having a target on you?

Forget the meat grinder. It lost its relevance 20 years ago.

Welcome to the Rolls Royce Factory:
Simpkin
LDU
Ahern
Cunners
Kelly
McDonald
Garner
Wood
T Thomas
Next year’s first

Forget the meat grinder. It lost its relevance 20 years ago.

Welcome to the Rolls Royce Factory:
Simpkin
LDU
Ahern
Cunners
Kelly
McDonald
Garner
Wood
T Thomas
Next year’s first

The revamped meat grinder will be a better balance of speed n skill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack needs to be more creative with his clearances. He needs to bring our outside players into the game instead of banging it on his boot. This will come

Swallow, you know what to expect, you expect a lot. He delivers. Will be captain of the next team of the century.

Cunners, will be the best of the 3.
kangatime waiting for it to come.

View attachment 440195

Has this happened or will be happenning? Just checking.
2 out of 3 ain’t bad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back