NCAA 2016/17 NCAA - Bowl Season [Dec 18 - Jan 10]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Clemson win. I really enjoyed the last quarter action.

Lets just hope Alabama's run is over, College footy needs other teams to keep stepping up.

Time for a SEC East team to get good. (it won't be Mizzou) but geez I would like to see the Vols or Gators rise up again.

Last edited:
If i was Philly i would be trading up to grab Mike Williams at WR.

1st WR off the boards for sure but how high?? Hmmmm!

Guy is going to be a beast for many years.
I love him

Is there any better site than seeing Alabama fans with the depressed long faces?

Good game, watched on delay. Felt that Clemson had the 2nd half momentum, bar a few big plays from the Bama offence.

No more College Football for a long long time now
I'm not really depressed or suicidal like probably most diehard bama fans are. It sucks to see them lose but I guess I can't really get too upset because I massively bandwagoned on the back of a national championship in 2012. That was just a great ball game

What? College games are a faster tempo then NFL games and tend to have less TV timeouts.
Games are taking longer to complete.
There's coaches pushing to reduce games to 12minute quarters now
All commissioners are together in wanting to shorten games. The average game length is now 3h, 25min. 7minutes longer than last season. In the big xii. They have the longest. Only Kansas state is below the average and they're at 3h 24min. And 4 of the 5 teams who average the longest quarters are from the big xii (with Texas in at 6 iirc)

Tempo might have gone up, but more plays equals more incompletions and more scores. More scores are leading to MORE tv timeouts. They're just at different times of the game after the scores rather than after every punt too.

The one rule I'm almost certain will come into college from the NFL (or in part) is that the clock will run after first downs (other than maybe inside the 2minute warning)

Great to see Clemson win. I really enjoyed the last quarter action.

Lets just hope Alabama's run is over, College footy needs other teams to keep stepping up.

Time for a SEC East team to get good. (it won't be Mizzou) but geez I would like to see the Vols or Gators rise up again.
For as long as Saban is there. Bama isn't going away. Recruiting is too good.
They need a head coach to **** it all up. Wouldn't be schocked if Bama wins 4+ of the next 10 national titles and appear in 6+ of them.

All commissioners are together in wanting to shorten games. The average game length is now 3h, 25min. 7minutes longer than last season. In the big xii. They have the longest. Only Kansas state is below the average and they're at 3h 24min. And 4 of the 5 teams who average the longest quarters are from the big xii (with Texas in at 6 iirc)

Tempo might have gone up, but more plays equals more incompletions and more scores. More scores are leading to MORE tv timeouts. They're just at different times of the game after the scores rather than after every punt too.

The one rule I'm almost certain will come into college from the NFL (or in part) is that the clock will run after first downs (other than maybe inside the 2minute warning)

The game yesterday was the longest National Title game in CFP/BCS history - 4 hours 8 mins.

It's the centralised review system would have added about 20 mins to the game. The 1 min of clock drive in the 4th when Clemson stormed up the field turned into what felt like close to 10 mins with the reviews.

If they introduced the NFL challenge system the game would have rolled along much faster.

Comes back to the question - Do you want it fast? Or done right? (The Simpsons answer here is "like any American, fast)

One call that Bama did get a raw deal on in the closing moments was the spot of the PI call on the 2nd last play.

The ref called it in the end zone, but he was clearly grabbed about 4 yards out, and the ball should have been placed at 7 1/2 yards (half distance to the goal).

With the 6 seconds left do you still try a pass or do you kick the field goal? Knowing that you would likely lose another second or 2 to cover the extra yard.

Games do run longer in TV times then the NFL. but there are less commercial breaks is what i was saying or at least thats how it feel faster to me.

But what ESPN did the the semi finals and NCG was as bad as the NFL or SEC on CBS with ads. it would be score 90 sec ad break, kickoff 90 sec ad break, next snap. yesterday was a joke it went for over 4 hrs because of all the breaks they put in.

At least nothing is as bad as college basketball where the final 2 mins take 20mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too early to start to look forward to week 1 - Alabama playing FSU?
I'd wait until all conferences release their schedules
We know in most cases who plays who, but not when.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back