NCAA 2016/17 NCAA - Bowl Season [Dec 18 - Jan 10]

Remove this Banner Ad

Enough with the godbothering.

Can basically always tune out the first 30 seconds of any American post-match interview, it's always the same.

I feel sorry for anyone who didnt set Sportscenter to be recorded. they will miss the final 2 TD's drives

Sort of a rookie error though, you should always queue up the program after, and sometimes the one after that.

Megatron II.
not even close - doesn't have the speed to match Calvin, nowhere near it in fact.

As I said yesterday in the draft thread Williams is a boom or bust type of player - today he boomed.

I'm sure the commentators mentioned it, but the pick and roll plays where one receiver takes out the defenders to free up the other receiver looks like an illegal play to me. In one of the touchdowns the receiver was using his hands to push to CB to the ground!

This happened to me. Cut out with about 4 minutes remaining. I am raging right now.
I always record Sportscenter after games and if SC or whatever is only 30 mins long i record the program that follows that.

I'm sure the commentators mentioned it, but the pick and roll plays where one receiver takes out the defenders to free up the other receiver looks like an illegal play to me. In one of the touchdowns the receiver was using his hands to push to CB to the ground!

So Clemson scored 2 TDs with pick plays......Alabama must be fuming

I don't know whether it's different in college, but I'm fairly certain those are legal plays in the NFL - the WRs are allowed to put on blocks or picks within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage aren't they?

So Clemson scored 2 TDs with pick plays......Alabama must be fuming
First one never gets called. the 2nd one will depend on the crew. Big12 crews dont call OPI much if ever. Clemson were pushing off on back shoulder throws a few times. so it was known the Big12 crew wasnt going to call OPI

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know whether it's different in college, but I'm fairly certain those are legal plays in the NFL - the WRs are allowed to put on blocks or picks within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage aren't they?

Not sure if the specific rule, but they get called back quite often in goal line situations in college.

Still the 5 yds and make it look like you are trying to find the ball. the 2nd one could of been called. first one was never getting called.

Refs were not interested in calling OPI or Offencive holding unless it was too blatant

Can basically always tune out the first 30 seconds of any American post-match interview, it's always the same.

Sort of a rookie error though, you should always queue up the program after, and sometimes the one after that.

IQ3 allows you to go back and play shows from the past 24 hours (without pre recording), I think it was invented for American Football - it never finished anywhere close to on time

Aside from the 'gun show' reviews, it was a reasonably well officialled game, they let them play for the most part. For all the Bama complaints about OPI, there were quite a few DPI calls missed on them.

Aside from the gun show reviews, it was a reasonably well officialled game, they let them play for the most part. For all the Bama complaints about OPI, there were quite a few DPI calls missed on them.

Alabama could of called comebacks and had the WR's push off too. the refs had set the tone all game they were letting OPI go. some crews allow illegal contact past the 5 yds, some allow OPI, some allow holding. there were some late hits they could of called on both teams.

For how bad Big12 crews normally are they were acceptable today.

Alabama could of called comebacks and had the WR's push off too. the refs had set the tone all game they were letting OPI go. some crews allow illegal contact past the 5 yds, some allow OPI, some allow holding. there were some late hits they could of called on both teams.

For how bad Big12 crews normally are they were acceptable today.
I thought Bama had 2 targeting plays they got away with, tbh

I thought Bama had 2 targeting plays they got away with, tbh

i saw 1. the one on Williams.

The roughness call on Watson on the first or 2nd drive was like a swinging arm to the head but i dont think it would of been targeting.

Kouta game. Have to admit i dont watch alot of college football as I usually find it slow but this was great. Theres just something about watching great defenses and the battle of breaking them down that I love.

Congratulations to Clemson.

Kouta game. Have to admit i dont watch alot of college football as I usually find it slow but this was great. Theres just something about watching great defenses and the battle of breaking them down that I love.

Congratulations to Clemson.

What? College games are a faster tempo then NFL games and tend to have less TV timeouts.

The one in the 3rd qtr where Watson went flying like a helicopter?

Seemed more incidental facemask to facemask. Watson was a ball runner not defenceless and dont think it was an intentional helmet to helmet hit. That was a good non flag IMO. you start calling that and you can call 10 a game when the runner makes a move and ends up in a helmet to helmet hit.

It looked like it would hurt. but a clean play. accidents happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back