Autopsy 2016 AFL Grand Final - Western Bulldogs 13.11.89 d Sydney Swans 10.7.67

Remove this Banner Ad

No umpire has ever decided the outcome of an AFL game. Hate when people blame the umps. If you're good enough you win.

If you sook about umpires that's exactly what you are. A big bloody sook.

I'm not sure about the first part..

But the umps definetly didn't win it for the dogs. They were too good. They would of beaten anyone.

I'm not sure about the first part..

But the umps definitely didn't win it for the dogs. They were too good. They would of beaten anyone.
If the players never made a mistake in a game there would be no turnovers, fumbles, dropped marks or missed goals. Umpires, on the other hand, are expected to be pluperfect. Makes you wonder if some posters on here have actually ever seen a footballer play, or whether they spend the whole afternoon or night scrutinising the umpires.

On another note, it has been reported that copies of the DVD of the GF have been going gangbusters with Sydney supporters. Their unbridled excitement at watching vision of that game is exceeded only by the gay celebrations they enjoyed immediately after it.

Edit: I have a boxed set of DVDs of each of the Brisbane finals campaigns in which they won premierships (worn out they are). What a beauty to watch the Western Bulldogs DVDs would be of their finals series, if these are still made available. If I recall correctly, they used to be released about a month after the season finished. They may well have decreased this time lag by now.

Last edited:
If the players never made a mistake in a game there would be no turnovers, fumbles, dropped marks or missed goals. Umpires, on the other hand, are expected to be pluperfect. Makes you wonder if some posters on here have actually ever seen a footballer play, or whether they spend the whole afternoon or night scrutinising the umpires.

On another note, it has been reported that copies of the DVD of the GF have been going gangbusters with Sydney supporters. Their unbridled excitement at watching vision of that game is exceeded only by the gay celebrations they enjoyed immediately after it.
I suspect many who complain abt umpires de rigueur have never played the game. Or if they did play the game they clearly misunderstood it. They are mere casual followers. For if they had played the game they would understand that the players have a profound impact on who wins the game at each of the 1000 or so times there is a contest, a decision of where to run to, an act of skill to be executed, a movement or chase etc. Umpires? Rarely notice them. Too busy watching the game.

worst argument ever. the umpire's aim is to call the frees as he sees them, not some arbitrary number. The dogs rarely infringe and draw frees a lot, it's often in our favour. Now what do you think of the 9/11 and the moon landing?
While ive never noticed umpires and believe people who do are mere casual and ignorant fans, I have often wondered about building 7 WTC.

I suspect many who complain abt umpires de rigueur have never played the game. Or if they did play the game they clearly misunderstood it. They are mere casual followers. For if they had played the game they would understand that the players have a profound impact on who wins the game at each of the 1000 or so times there is a contest, a decision of where to run to, an act of skill to be executed, a movement or chase etc. Umpires? Rarely notice them. Too busy watching the game.
Excellent insight. :thumbsu:

While ive never noticed umpires and believe people who do are mere casual and ignorant fans, I have often wondered about building 7 WTC.
That's easy. Two dozen intensely secretive operatives surreptitiously invaded the building, carrying 400 tonnes of explosives with them, over a period of a couple of weeks, and then set off the blast to exactly coincide with the planes running into the other buildings. So secretive were this two dozen that no hint of their unnoticed activities has ever been leaked by any of those involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back