2016 Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think yesterday's performance by McGrath (38 possessions and 8 clearances playing largely in the midfield) probably sank our hopes of getting him.

Yeah well looks like if GWS trade with Essendon for two first rounders, McGrath ends up at GWS. If no trade, I think McLuggage is going to Essendon.

Don't think a player of McGrath's size (179cm) has ever gone pick 1

Yeah well looks like if GWS trade with Essendon for two first rounders, McGrath ends up at GWS. If no trade, I think McLuggage is going to Essendon.

Don't think a player of McGrath's size (179cm) has ever gone pick 1

Marc Murphy?

And then stand by for his name to be posted incorrectly more times than Patfull and Rockliffe combined.:)

And after all the times the name has been posted - looking after you typed this is the first time I realised it was McG not McL *sigh*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robert Shaw was just on sen talking up McGrath, being McGrath's former school coach and Shaw now works at Essendon, putting 1 & 1 together I think it is a message to Essendon fans that we will be taking McGrath at pick 1.
Make of that what you will.

Robert Shaw was just on sen talking up McGrath, being McGrath's former school coach and Shaw now works at Essendon, putting 1 & 1 together I think it is a message to Essendon fans that we will be taking McGrath at pick 1.
In that case, exactly as your signature suggests, we will happily have the future star in McCluggage - I don't think either club can lose really with those 2

No worries, we'll be delighted with McCluggage.

s-l300.jpg

So, McLuggage, right?

In that case, exactly as your signature suggests, we will happily have the future star in McCluggage - I don't think either club can lose really with those 2

I have set myself for months expecting to take McCluggage, but know the club is giving little messages that McGrath will be pick 1.
Both our teams will be delighted whichever of these 2 we take, good luck with the draft guys, going to be bloody exciting once again.

Probably worth bearing in mind that Essendon may be less inclined to take another player who's expected to start his career at half-back after drafting Francis last year.

Probably worth bearing in mind that Essendon may be less inclined to take another player who's expected to start his career at half-back after drafting Francis last year.

Francis is playing forward in the VFL, also Shaw said all this talk about McGrath being an 1/2 back flanker is rubbish, he said he is a midfielder and during his school footy days was used to being tagged which hasn't happened at Tac cup level, also said when ever the team need goals they would throw McGrath forward and he was excellent when playing forward and can take really strong marks, also he has really powerful legs so he holds his ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back