NCAA 2016 NCAA - Week 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why the World Cup qualifiers weren't just put on bein sport. Mad hatter might get a call from Texas this week
Because 7 channels of soccer at this time of year isnt enough.

I hoped they would move the Soccer to somewhere else, but this time of year the Tennis also cuts into CFB games.

This isn't how tv deals work. Foxtel doesn't just sit down and allocate who is going to show what between Fox Sports, BeIN and ESPN - all 3 are run as separate businesses, all 3 have their own tv deals, and 2 of those 3 have marketing plans that don't rely wholly on Foxtel (ie. ESPN & BeIN are available through other means.)

It's not "7 channels of soccer." It's BeIN and ESPN both having different rights to different matches/WC Qualifying regions, and choosing to show them because, in ESPNs case, they believe world cup qualifyers will out-rate college football.

Don't get me wrong, in the past this has pissed me off as much as the next person. But as I said the other day, do we really have much to complain about when all the games we would've gotten have been available on the app? You can still mirror them to your television using Apple TV or Chromecast.

This isn't how tv deals work. Foxtel doesn't just sit down and allocate who is going to show what between Fox Sports, BeIN and ESPN - all 3 are run as separate businesses, all 3 have their own tv deals, and 2 of those 3 have marketing plans that don't rely wholly on Foxtel (ie. ESPN & BeIN are available through other means.)

It's not "7 channels of soccer." It's BeIN and ESPN both having different rights to different matches/WC Qualifying regions, and choosing to show them because, in ESPNs case, they believe world cup qualifyers will out-rate college football.

Don't get me wrong, in the past this has pissed me off as much as the next person. But as I said the other day, do we really have much to complain about when all the games we would've gotten have been available on the app? You can still mirror them to your television using Apple TV or Chromecast.

I know how the rights work, i just hoped ESPN would return to american sports only and let someone else buy the soccer.

God the Bama Defense is something else. Wow.

Scary good.

It's almost getting ridiculous. I've only been watching bits and pieces of this game, but from what I've seen and read Arkansas are no joke this season and, despite the scoreline "only" being 18 points, I haven't thought the Pigs were in this match from the first quarter.

Given how good their offence is, I really think this Bama team could play a 16 game NFL schedule and they'd walk away with 4 or 5 wins. And there are more than 1 or 2 teams who would lose to Bama in 5 or 6 games out of 10. I look at a team like the Browns, and given their QB situation at the moment they'd struggle to score on Tide defence.

the coaching carousel will be interesting this year. USC, Texas and Notre Dame looking like they will change coaches. LSU looking and Oregon should change coaches.

i think Herman will go home to So Cal and takeover at USC

Washington have put up 63 at Oregon 1 min into the 4thQ

Nebraska's one quality win is now not so quality after the past couple of weeks. I knew there would be a drop off this year however i was not expecting it to be this steep.

Nebraska's one quality win is now not so quality after the past couple of weeks. I knew there would be a drop off this year however i was not expecting it to be this steep.

They have jumped off a cliff since Marriota left. and the FCS QB's they keep trying are not good enough to cover up the deplorable D. the speed they scored at used to cover up the gaping holes on D because it forced the opponents to throw to score fast.

the coaching carousel will be interesting this year. USC, Texas and Notre Dame looking like they will change coaches. LSU looking and Oregon should change coaches.

i think Herman will go home to So Cal and takeover at USC

I don't really follow the background chatter in football much, so I'll just ask you.

- Why do Texas look like sacking Strong so soon? Surely they knew the program would take a while to rebuild? What were they expecting to happen? I know Strong couldn't turn down the money they gave him, but succeeding Mack Brown was always going to be a poison chalice there. He's the David Moyes after Alex Ferguson, the Matthew Knights after Kevin Sheedy.

- What the * are USC thinking? I know they suck, but they sucked before as well, and Helton has been in the job less than a year.

- What's up with LSU? Is the current guy (who I always want to call "Oregon", but I know that's not his name) still considered an interim HC? Or are they just looking to sack him after half a dozen games as well?

- Is Kelly still the ND coach? Wasn't he being spoken about for NFL jobs 2-3 seasons ago? WTF happened that his stock fell so low, so quickly?

I don't really follow the background chatter in football much, so I'll just ask you.

- Why do Texas look like sacking Strong so soon? Surely they knew the program would take a while to rebuild? What were they expecting to happen? I know Strong couldn't turn down the money they gave him, but succeeding Mack Brown was always going to be a poison chalice there. He's the David Moyes after Alex Ferguson, the Matthew Knights after Kevin Sheedy.

- What the **** are USC thinking? I know they suck, but they sucked before as well, and Helton has been in the job less than a year.

- What's up with LSU? Is the current guy (who I always want to call "Oregon", but I know that's not his name) still considered an interim HC? Or are they just looking to sack him after half a dozen games as well?

- Is Kelly still the ND coach? Wasn't he being spoken about for NFL jobs 2-3 seasons ago? WTF happened that his stock fell so low, so quickly?

Texas boosters never wanted Strong, and i dont think the new AD wanted him, he wasnt flashy enough for them. he was just the big name coming out of Louisville. and needed A name to make them look good for firing Mack Brown.

USC just keep making bad decisions, its like they settled for mediocre when they are a huge name in a good location, Its like they just panic and pick someone from in house or the Pete Carol ear. the Sanctions are over so no excuse for poor recruiting anymore.

Orgeron wont get the LSU Head Coaching job unless he beats Bama and doesnt lose a game for the rest of the season. He doesnt have the "looks" to be the coach they want. He should get the chance to get the job without going unbeaten. but they wont. They want Tom Herman or Jimbo. a big flashy name for recruiting. Bobby Petrino might get a look if he wants.

Brian Kelly has calmed down in the last few years, from when he was dropping F and C bombs on his players mid game, and turned purple. but misses with recruiting and just poor play. If they lose to USC on Thanksgiving weekend its all over. i still think he is done because of the poor play this year and some other recent years other then 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- What the **** are USC thinking? I know they suck, but they sucked before as well, and Helton has been in the job less than a year.

The boosters and benafactors have never liked strong

Remaining unbeaten sides

Clemson
Baylor
West Virginia
Michigan
Ohio State
Nebraska
Western Michigan
Boise State
Washington
Texas A&M
Alabama

That's 11

ATM I think the top 4 will be

1 - Alabama
2 - Washington
3 - Michigan/Ohio State winner
4 - Clemson

Wouldn't mind more havoc though. ie. Everyone having 2 losses (or Michigan/Ohio State having 1 loss then a 2 loss West team wins)

Personally I'd love the SEC teams to take each other out, and for Clemson, Michigan, Washington and Baylor to all stay undefeated.

It'll never happen, I know. And it's not personal to the SEC. I'm not even against dynasties - I hate the Patriots, but I feel so lucky to have been a fan in the Brady/Belichick era.

In college ball though? Where it is deliberately designed to have an equal playing field across dozens and dozens of schools? Not only is it boring, but it feels kind of wrong, and kind of outside the spirit of what college ball was/is supposed to be. As every season passes, and as the Tide seem to get better and better - and their heirs to the throne coming and going so quickly - I find myself watching less college ball every year.

If they could just lose to A&M next week, then A&M have one of their now-customary random losses late in the season, that'd be great! (Of course, knowing the NCAA as we do, and knowing that the changes to the FBS did nothing to reduce bullshit around the rankings - they'd find a way to leave Baylor out and have a 1-loss SEC team in the playoffs instead :mad: )

*heads off to see if the week 7 thread is up, and whether we're getting bama/A&M*

Personally I'd love the SEC teams to take each other out, and for Clemson, Michigan, Washington and Baylor to all stay undefeated.

It'll never happen, I know. And it's not personal to the SEC. I'm not even against dynasties - I hate the Patriots, but I feel so lucky to have been a fan in the Brady/Belichick era.

In college ball though? Where it is deliberately designed to have an equal playing field across dozens and dozens of schools? Not only is it boring, but it feels kind of wrong, and kind of outside the spirit of what college ball was/is supposed to be.

If they could just lose to A&M next week, then A&M have one of their now-customary random losses late in the season, that'd be great!

*heads off to see if the week 7 thread is up, and whether we're getting bama/A&M*

Its Bama at Tennessee next week, A&M game is the week after

:eek:

No week 7 thread yet! You ok aussiedude ? I think it's usually up by now isn't it?

Its Bama at Tennessee next week, A&M game is the week after

Thanks for clearing that up. I must've heard it wrong when they were talking about Bama's schedule today.

:eek:

No week 7 thread yet! You ok aussiedude ? I think it's usually up by now isn't it?

Thanks for clearing that up. I must've heard it wrong when they were talking about Bama's schedule today.

Ive been looking after my GFs brother who had knee surgery. and we havent he didnt have power. i just got back home.

Ive been looking after my GFs brother who had knee surgery. and we havent he didnt have power. i just got back home.

s**t. You're a much better boyfriend than I would ever be :eek:

My GF? Would definitely look after her.
My GFs mum? Would probably take a couple of days off work if they were desperate.
But my GFs brother? He can * off and look after himself!

I must be one of the lucky ones - everyone I spoke to today outside of my own suburb lost power over the weekend.

(Anyway, I hope you don't think I was being a nosey jerk with my post - on the contrary mate, I was trying to show you that the weekly tv info is hugely appreciated!)

s**t. You're a much better boyfriend than I would ever be :eek:

My GF? Would definitely look after her.
My GFs mum? Would probably take a couple of days off work if they were desperate.
But my GFs brother? He can **** off and look after himself!

I must be one of the lucky ones - everyone I spoke to today outside of my own suburb lost power over the weekend.

(Anyway, I hope you don't think I was being a nosey jerk with my post - on the contrary mate, I was trying to show you that the weekly tv info is hugely appreciated!)

Its only fair, he looked after me for a bit when i had my knee done, and my GF helped my with my sister when she had her ankle last year. It was only for a day and a bit.

I know how s**t it is after a knee surgery, you spend 90% of the time on the couch or in bed, need someone to make you food for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back