2016 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuey irritates the hell out of me. He's been doing it for years and never gets any criticism for it.

I can't stand him, it's such a pathetic way to play and it ruins any enjoyment of watching a contest.

Hopefully it's only a matter of time before the rules committee takes his only weapon off him and he has to go eke out a living in the country leagues where guys will take his head off properly when he tries his weak s**t.

Carey slept with their wives. Like 300 times

etb687.gif

But is it in the spirit of the game? I know Darlings act of throwing his neck back isn't and IMO the AFL needs to set stamp it out. Staging could end up resulting in an injury.
This turned up in the AFL gifs thread, how's this work from ol' Jack the Ninja.

Credit to OutofTownCrow who pointed out this rubbish effort.
Is it just me, or does the "trip" of Jack Darling, look a bit too delayed ...
268678_26d9d3aa19f82b0455ec136756702fd2.gif

...and followed it up with these magnificent stills :thumbsu:

268733_6cd698487fea0ed5d350a4d951b2e1ef.png

:$

Did he get a free kick for that? He should be fined or suspended for that. Disgraceful cheat.

Did he get a free kick for that? He should be fined or suspended for that. Disgraceful cheat.

Aussie rules is probably the only sport in the world which doesn't punish unsportsmanlike behaviour much - if at all

Any other contact sport would see you fined, carded, sent off or suspended. Have seen premier league players get sent off for diving, yell at the ref and then their suspensions are subsequently increased

The afl is more worried about avoiding head injuries, but instead of calling out players for leading with the head dangerously, they start fining the tacklers and bumpers who usually do not do a whole lot wrong

I always find it interesting that Freo fans to a man condemn Walters for playing for frees and wish he'd stamp it out of his game but West Coast fans don't just seem to turn a blind eye to it but actively condone and celebrate blatant cheating. I would be far too embarrassed to attempt to defend such an act from a Freo player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a double edged sword though. It's why they always struggle away from home. They rely on free kicks to control the flow when things start getting away from them.

Away from home they don't get as much assistance from the umps.

Especially this year. The AFL have a few different fairy tales they would like to play out before them.

Hawks becoming Four-thorn.
Danger winning a flag.
Adelaide winning a flag after all their dramas.
Bullies overcoming all their injuries.
GWS manufacturing a flag
Buddy in a Grand Final.

AFL has there own agenda to get GWS to win 5 premierships in a row and Gold coast to win after that and for us to be down winning the spoon for several years

My hatred for Darling has just gone to new levels.
That muppet is a disgrace to a club that is already disgraceful.
He brings disgrace to the word disgrace
I dont mind him playing for freo, he can do whatever he want but umpire just dont paid free kick for freo.

Should post that on the main board Darling thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back