List Mgmt. 2016 Post Season Draft, Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision making is generally okay but there are a lot of times where either the backwards hand pass or the bombed kick is the plan A. There are quite a few kicks in that particular video that go straight to the opposition. In fairness he is playing in traffic, but compare that to some of SPS work (as an example) and IMO what one notices is that he uses the time he has a lot better and also is a lot less likely to handball backwards.

With us likely to get Brad Hill and already having Langdon, Weller, Bennell, Sheridan, Tucker and Balic all capable on the outside, then our focus for pick 3 may go towards an inside mid i.e. Brodie

Ballic and Tucker can both play inside. I love their potential. Freo's mid depth is outstanding.:)

Ballic and Tucker can both play inside. I love their potential. Freo's mid depth is outstanding.:)

Yep, so can Weller and Bennell but are handy outside also. Hill is totally outside and Langdon seems to be also. Brodie looks pure inside to me which would give us some balance in the midfield.

Yep, so can Weller and Bennell but are handy outside also. Hill is totally outside and Langdon seems to be also. Brodie looks pure inside to me which would give us some balance in the midfield.

Brad is a commodity I feel we don't really need, nice but not essential but it seems to be set in stone now so I guess what will be will be.

Brodie looks ok on the inside with decent hands but I feel like we've got this covered with Neale in particular. Class is what we're short on.

Inside doesn't necessarily mean classless. Brodie is spoken about as a top 5 draft pick because of his class not just his ball winning ability. The inside mids without class go very late in the draft and rookie draft.

But I take your point, I've never considered Brodie a chance for us until now as like you I think we're taken care of inside with Neale, Blakely and Fyfe. Just throwing it out there. I still have McCluggage, McGrath, English and SPS before Brodie in my order for us.

Inside doesn't necessarily mean classless. Brodie is spoken about as a top 5 draft pick because of his class not just his ball winning ability. The inside mids without class go very late in the draft and rookie draft.

But I take your point, I've never considered Brodie a chance for us until now as like you I think we're taken care of inside with Neale, Blakely and Fyfe. Just throwing it out there. I still have McCluggage, McGrath, English and SPS before Brodie in my order for us.
Yeah, was just going off of the vids that i've seen though i'm wary of doing so. The hands was what jumped out at me but the kicking didn't knock my socks off. No doubt a very good player.

Was listening to SEN this morning and the status of the Ballaz trade was discussed. View is that the $400-500k that is currently paid for a 29 year old is proving to be bit of a stumbling block to a trade and as Freo's attitude is that they did not bring it all on, they are not prepared to subsidise any of his salary at another club.

If indeed that is the case and the Club sticks to its guns, it will be fascinating to see how one C.Young negotiates through the situation for his client. From the outside, it seems like relationships are somewhat strained and with the Club's desire to get games into the next line of youth, it'd be a shame if Hayden sees out much of his remaining time running up and down his wing.

If McGrath came to us at pick 3 that would be a sensational result. Add him to Blakely Langdon Balic and co and we will have plenty of young midfield talent to carry us for the next 5 to 10 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are constructing a team that is just going to spread from stoppages like a coalition of cheetahs on jet skis .....Bennell, Hill, Hill, Langdon, Weller, Sherridan....Danyle Pearce watching on

Brad is a commodity I feel we don't really need, nice but not essential but it seems to be set in stone now so I guess what will be will be.

It's the price that matters - by declaring us and the Hawks generally are a club that gets the deal done.....I think we are going to get him for unders and I for one am OK with that.

Powell Pepper seems to be carving it up in the colts GF based on the stats.

The other usual suspects going ok too. Goddard, Waterman, SPS, Banfield and Oakley.
SPP was EP best, kicked well, impacted the scoreboard, but still tries to take too many on, and gets caught, misses the first option
Wright wouldn't give it off when he got it, and just kicked long under pressure, wasted his possessions

With us likely to get Brad Hill and already having Langdon, Weller, Bennell, Sheridan, Tucker and Balic all capable on the outside, then our focus for pick 3 may go towards an inside mid i.e. Brodie

Add to that Hill, Pearce, Walters and possibly B Hill I think we're covered for outside runners who struggle to handle the contest.

Top 5 for me are Mcluggage, McGrath, Brodie, Taranto and Ainsworth. Then Marshall and English purely on a needs basis, then SPS and the rest.

Was listening to SEN this morning and the status of the Ballaz trade was discussed. View is that the $400-500k that is currently paid for a 29 year old is proving to be bit of a stumbling block to a trade and as Freo's attitude is that they did not bring it all on, they are not prepared to subsidise any of his salary at another club.

If indeed that is the case and the Club sticks to its guns, it will be fascinating to see how one C.Young negotiates through the situation for his client. From the outside, it seems like relationships are somewhat strained and with the Club's desire to get games into the next line of youth, it'd be a shame if Hayden sees out much of his remaining time running up and down his wing.
Adding to it all is the fact he can't move his family interstate

If McGrath came to us at pick 3 that would be a sensational result. Add him to Blakely Langdon Balic and co and we will have plenty of young midfield talent to carry us for the next 5 to 10 years

If thats the case i think we hold GWS to ransom and trade back in the draft, see if we can get the Collingwood pick + their pick + Cam.

I'd give up pick 3 for lobb and McCarthy, maybe a swap of there second for our 3rd also.. Immediate fix to 2 problems

use that second on hill..

Will get something for mayne - maybe use it for hamling to replace Spurr

Trade ibbo btw, still not sure why his name hasn't been floated more on here - absolute spud last year

Keep SOS for another year, max 2

Use Suban et al as steak knives in whatever else we need to do

Will be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for ballas

Can use a bunch of 2nd - 3rd rounders to maybe find some late pick gems

Disclaimer: all this will turn to s**t if hogan comes out saying what we all want to hear..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back