List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, clearly I'm not in the majority here but I love Boomer, reckon the bloke is still a gun footy player, and would love to sign him on for a year just to rub Chris or Brad* Scott's nose in it when he kicks three against North.

*I can't remember which one's which and I don't care.
Liked for - refer Hampsters post above

Learning and training?

As far as I can make out, the only endorsement for this guy as a mentor and trainer is the fact that he has played the game for three million years. Which is (grudgingly acknowledged) impressive. But it doesn't make him by default another Crossey. In fact, the team who have been benefiting from his mystical training skill to date have been Norf - and if his elderly wisdom was such a great asset for them then a) why did they feel the need to recruit 8 or 9 other 30 plus gurus, and b) why did it turn to s**t - have everyone delisted without the flag or indeed any real admiration from normal society.

He's boomer. He is great on general DNA principles of playing the game longer than anyone. It's impressive. There was a Russian woman who died last year and she was 128 or something amazing. I admit I was hugely impressed but I didn't immediately leap to the conclusion that she needed a 1 or 2 year contract with Melbourne.
I was more talking about on the training track you have this old campaigner running around every session what excuse could you possibly use. The bloke obviously has great work ethic. north got all these other old campaigners cause they were basically free and their youngsters are s**t but now need to rebuild not that hard to see is it? He will win a game or 2 for us next year clubs will have to put time into him instead of our bottom player. Obviously wont get boomer if blokes in charge dont rate him as a coach. He will only cost us 200-300k. He must be a flog if his best mate in Thomas

I'm crazy, but i'd take boomer for a year

5a50a2c5e591f9ee99eec26fa0774c68.jpg

I'd take boomer for a year as well, my wife wouldn't be very happy about it though

I'm crazy, but i'd take boomer for a year

The one good thing about getting Boomer in for a season, would be that we could delist an extra player without having to replace him with pick 163 or whatever. Plus we get him for free.

Then we can delist him next year when we will have a first and second round pick available.

Another "sleeps with the light on" Barrett article:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-22/damian-barrett-what-price-a-football-freak

Bradley Hill and Shannon Motlop described as "freakish talents"..... I feel like he's lost the ability to use words accurately.

If by "freakish talent" he means either:-

a) under performs in a top team even when protected by superior players, or

b) a fat campaigner who snags a few crumbing goals when left on his own...

then sure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was fine with not being assured a game every week (I've forgotten how to begin to spell the word starting with G iwas going to use) I'd be ok with signing him.

Guaranteed. What prize do I win?

Another "sleeps with the light on" Barrett article:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-22/damian-barrett-what-price-a-football-freak

Bradley Hill and Shannon Motlop described as "freakish talents"..... I feel like he's lost the ability to use words accurately.

If by "freakish talent" he means either:-

a) under performs in a top team even when protected by superior players, or

b) a fat campaigner who snags a few crumbing goals when left on his own...

then sure!

Not sure the last time he was described as a freakish talent, if ever...

Hey sorry for the intrusion and ket me know if this is the wrong thread for it but

Josh Green for Dunn and your 4th round pick?

Good luck next year enjoying your ruse up the ladder.

Hey sorry for the intrusion and ket me know if this is the wrong thread for it but

All good mate, yes it's the right thread. Trade sounds reasonably fair, though a pick upgrade in your favour would probably be more reasonable from our perspective. I imagine we probably wouldn't be interested in Green as we already have several options for small forwards.

The other issue is that we don't have a first rounder and we look to be committed to spending a second rounder on Hibberd, so unless we're putting other players on the table in exchange for picks then we'll be using our third, fifth and sixth rounder at this stage...hence the suggestion of pick upgrade.

I don't think so. I'd have Josh Green behind Jeff Garlett, Dean Kent, Christian Petracca and after that we have plenty more depth for smaller forwards.

Wed consider Dunn - Green straight swap maybe.

Youll probably get Dunn off us cheaper than that if youre the only club interested in him. I highly doubt we will be giving away any other draft picks in trade this year outside the Hibberd deal.

So, no chance that deal happens but i think you will get Dunn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back