2017-18 FA Cup

Who wins the FA Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the record for most players booked for diving in one game? Is that 3 Chelsea players now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He misses we lose that shoot out. Hardly any pressure haha.
As I said, but it can't be blamed soley on him. That's like blaming Cloke for missing a set shot when 6 goals behind in the last, on the off chance that if he kicked it, you'd start a mega comeback.

No. I know which one would have more pressure. Playing at home in a WC Semi final with the expectation of an entire nation, versus taking a penalty 2-0 down for your club.
It’s a CL final FFS. Bayern scored their first, we missed our first, Bayern scored their second and then it was Luiz’s turn. It was far from over and he buried it. We then went on to win. Absolutely everything was riding on his penalty kick. He misses that and we’re cooked.

The Brazil game wasn’t the WC final and it was a team implosion. It also wasn’t just Luiz who was at fault. He had a very poor game but poor games happen regularly and are much more forgivable than missing a penalty kick in a CL final.

The pressure of a game is also distributed over 90 minutes and is therefore diminished over time whereas a penality kick the pressure is much more intensified because it’s a brief moment that determines the outcome of the game.

It’s a CL final FFS. Bayern scored their first, we missed our first, Bayern scored their second and then it was Luiz’s turn. It was far from over and he buried it. We then went on to win. Absolutely everything was riding on his penalty kick. He misses that and we’re cooked.

The Brazil game wasn’t the WC final and it was a team implosion. It also wasn’t just Luiz who was at fault. He had a very poor game but poor games happen regularly and are much more forgivable than missing a penalty kick in a CL final.

The pressure of a game is also distributed over 90 minutes and is therefore diminished over time whereas a penality kick the pressure is much more intensified because it’s a brief moment that determines the outcome of the game.
All I'm saying is that personally, I'd feel more under pressure in the WC Semis than the CL final when already trailing.

Back