Prediction 2017 Fixture wishlist/discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

A 34 week regular season? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I would love to see this. Most European soccer leagues play approx this many games during the year and on top of that they play UEFA or Champions League during the week and many of the player also play for their national teams.
I know our game is physically more demanding but you could compensate by allowing for a larger playing list and more guys on the bench.
Clashing with the cricket could be a problem though.
I miss the days where we had a home game and an away game against every side.

Carlton v Richmond reportedly locked in to mediocrity open the season as usual.

**** I hope we get an opening round game IN MELBOURNE - even if it's "away" or at Etihad.

Also I understand according to our membership comms that we're locked in to play Carlton at the MCG on Saturday 6 May.

I really hope we get round 1 against the bulldogs. Both games were close this year and i tend to disagree that an easy start is the best setup for the year. If its at Etihad though dont bother...

Just came on to say it has been reported on our board that we have you guys first up. I was hoping we would get an easy start :(

Be really good the pre game VFL game
Footscary v Collingwood

Cloke v Dunn

Battle of the reserves

(Too early? I'll see myself out)

Be really good the pre game VFL game
Footscary v Collingwood

Cloke v Dunn

Battle of the reserves

(Too early? I'll see myself out)

Be nice to have the depth, form and small injury list to play Dunn in the two's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be nice to have the depth, form and small injury list to play Dunn in the two's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely stoked about getting the dogs round 1 on a Friday night. Hopefully both of us can stay injury free over the pre season so we can test ourselves against the best side first up.

If we fail to perform and have a complete let down in this game, I reckon we will be in for a long season. Big stage, MCG, reigning premiers against a side we should have beaten twice last year, one time we only lost because we finished with 18 fit players. If they can't be motivated for this game, they never will be.

I'm going to predict, assuming ok injury wise, we will that game.
Just a feeling.

Fantastic chance to get the season rolling on a winning note.
I'll either be right, or wrong, or be neither right nor wrong by my drawn conclusion.

We opened the last two years getting absolutely belted (Freo two years ago, Sydney last year), and now we face the premiers.... It really is a bad way to start the year.

I have been really impressed with Collingwood's drafting over the last few years and consider the Pies a competitor. I don't know what happened this year injuries, team inbalance etc, but when you got it together the Pies were scary good.

Definitely my smokey for top four in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back