2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You tipped us to finish 3rd last this year and were way off the mark and you continue to be. You would have argued just as strongly that we would be worse than every other team in the comp other than the two who were widely tipped to win about 3 games between them and yet you weren't even close to correct. You haven't learned one damn thing.

As I said to the other guy, talking to you is probably as useful as banging ones head up against a brick wall though, so this is all I'll be saying to you.

Hope you enjoy North's upcoming years in no-man's land.

Oh bubby, mean man on interwebz doesn't rate my club.

I was only 6 spots off.

Next time I will look at your draw rather than your list.

You guys remind me of North in 2004-5, sans premierships stars of course, but able to pull the odd miracle win out of your ass but not really going anywhere.

Topping up to make finals and get the coach a contract extension, rather than topping up to win flags.

Very Richmond-like if you ask me.

Jobe is cooked.
Hooker was always overrated and can't kick.
Hurley is the only really good one.
Heppell is a B+ seagull
Ditto Merrett.
Goddard is king seagull.

Daniher would be good if he could kick.

Yeah. nah. Sorry just don't see it.

Bottom 4 for the dons.

North would kill for those players listed.

Ha ha. I'd take Daniher, Hooker, Fantasia and Tippa over Daw every day of the week. Not to mention guys like Langford and Laverde.

You can take them all your want, doesn't change my opinion that Daw would be your #1 ruckman and your best key forward.

He is a better mark, set shot, faster and stronger than any tall forward on your list.

Which is funny because he is our 4th best.

You can take them all your want, doesn't change my opinion that Daw would be your #1 ruckman and your best key forward.

He is a better mark, set shot, faster and stronger than any tall forward on your list.

Actually Daw would complement Joe well means Joe won't be getting the best defender each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would be your best forward.
Fantasia, as a small forward in the wooden spoon team, kicked 19 goals in his last 8 games of season 2016. Daw has 26 in his entire 6 year career.

Daw got delisted by North the other year. He stinks. And if he's getting regular games next year North are in trouble.

Where did I say no teams bolt up? And I hate Essendon so I can't judge them honestly??

Dogs bought in a genius coach and had 4 years of very good draft picks coming up the bombers have one year and some has beens coming back, not really the same.

One year? * outta here lol

2016 - McGrath, Ridley, Begley, Mutch, Clarke
2015 - Parish, Francis, Redman, Brown, Hartley, Anthony McDonald-Tipgunwuti (Add in Dea and Kelly for top ups)
2014 - Langford, Laverde, Long, McKenna
2013 - Zach Merrett, Orazio Fantasia, Patrick Ambrose

9 of our potential best 22 (bolded) for next year have been drafted in the last 4 seasons....

Our age bracket and games played looks very good for 2018 too.....

Dea (26) Hartley (24) Ambrose (26)
McGrath (19) Hurley (27) Gleeson (23)
Parish (20) Myers (28) Colyer (26)
Fantasia (22) Daniher (24) Langford (21)
Francis (20) Hooker (29) Tipungwuti (25)
Leuenberger (29) Heppell (25) Z. Merrett (22)

Goddard (32) Zaharakis (28) Laverde (22) Stewart (24)

Emer - Redman (20), McKenna (22), Brown (27)

Depth - Bellchambers (28), Baguley (30), Hocking (30), Long (22), Morgan (22), McNiece (26), Ridley, Begley, Mutch, Clarke

Daniher if he puts it together can rip apart this comp... Zach Merrett's a potential Brownlow medalist... Francis is a beast in making.... add one of Peter Wright or Rory Lobb to this team in 2018 (allows Hooker to go back and replace Ambrose in the side) and add expected progression for most players.... of course some won't come on as you expect (if I had to guess Laverde lol...) but who knows, someone like Mason Redman (rated top 10 by Collingwood guru Hines in his draft year) could go near elite out of nowhere..... Stewart could be the next Josh Jenkins... who we gave away for nothing lol...

A Essendon 2020 team can have all those players named except Goddard, Leuenberger, Baguley, Hocking, Myers (age not a problem, more injury prone), but you're adding another 3 years of draft picks, trades and Free Agency....

Actually Daw would complement Joe well means Joe won't be getting the best defender each week.

What are you talking about Essendon have the greatest array of forward line power that I have ever seen.

Hooker
Brown
Daniher
Fantasia
Laverde
Parish

I mean, seriously, if that list of complete frauds doesn't get you up an about, then no forwards will ever..

Here is a question for you, how many of the illustrious group above make it into your last premiership team?

Answer: 0.

Nowhere cowards the lot of them.

Fantasia kicked goals against teams who weren't interested, why do people keep posting this same old s**t. No one gave a * about playing Essendon. Teams rested players, ffs we played 6 key forwards lol... They were forgezi stats that shouldn't even be included in a players career.

They were glorified practice matches.

One year? **** outta here lol

2016 - McGrath, Ridley, Begley, Mutch, Clarke
2015 - Parish, Francis, Redman, Brown, Hartley, Anthony McDonald-Tipgunwuti (Add in Dea and Kelly for top ups)
2014 - Langford, Laverde, Long, McKenna
2013 - Zach Merrett, Orazio Fantasia, Patrick Ambrose

9 of our potential best 22 (bolded) for next year have been drafted in the last 4 seasons....

Our age bracket and games played looks very good for 2018 too.....

Dea (26) Hartley (24) Ambrose (26)
McGrath (19) Hurley (27) Gleeson (23)
Parish (20) Myers (28) Colyer (26)
Fantasia (22) Daniher (24) Langford (21)
Francis (20) Hooker (29) Tipungwuti (25)
Leuenberger (29) Heppell (25) Z. Merrett (22)

Goddard (32) Zaharakis (28) Laverde (22) Stewart (24)

Emer - Redman (20), McKenna (22), Brown (27)

Depth - Bellchambers (28), Baguley (30), Hocking (30), Long (22), Morgan (22), McNiece (26), Ridley, Begley, Mutch, Clarke

Daniher if he puts it together can rip apart this comp... Zach Merrett's a potential Brownlow medalist... Francis is a beast in making.... add one of Peter Wright or Rory Lobb to this team in 2018 (allows Hooker to go back and replace Ambrose in the side) and add expected progression for most players.... of course some won't come on as you expect (if I had to guess Laverde lol...) but who knows, someone like Mason Redman (rated top 10 by Collingwood guru Hines in his draft year) could go near elite out of nowhere.....

A Essendon 2020 team can have all those players named except Goddard, Leuenberger, Baguley, Hocking, Myers (age not a problem, more injury prone), but you're adding another 3 years of draft picks, trades and Free Agency....

I agree

Very solid mid table team

Daniher kicked 43 goals in the worst team in the league. Daw kicked 9 goals from 9 games in a top 8 side.

What are talking about Essendon have the greatest array of forward line power that I have ever seen.

Hooker
Brown
Daniher
Fantasia
Laverde
Parish

I mean, seriously, if that list of complete frauds doesn't get you up an about, then no forwards will ever..

Here is a question for you, how many of the illustrious group above make it into your last premiership team?

Answer: 0.

Nowhere cowards the lot of them.
Ok so Paddy Dangerfield is a spud because he didn't play in Geelong or Adelaide's lays premiership team. Also you are forgetting guys like, Tippa, Redman, Stewart, Langford and Bellchambers. North would dream of having a player like Daniher instead of Daw.

I don't doubt Essendon's talent - they have a great mix of middle age and older talent and some very good players under the age of 23, but I don't think they'll amazing next year. They'll be competitive but I don't see them getting the wins to make the eight, I see them around the 11-14 mark. 2017 will be a year of gelling together and the younger players improving, and they should be playing finals by 2018. On that note, I feel like writing my opinions on some conceptions here that I disagree with;

John Worsfold - Overrated. I do think he's a good coach, but he's nothing legendary. He won a flag, but coached a massively drug infected team, took them to the foot of the ladder very quickly and sailed the Eagles into irrelevancy for many of his final years. I'd wait to evaluate his performance over the next few years before making and big calls like "one of the best coaches in the league"

Aaron Francis - most overrated youngster in the league. Playing well in the reserves is always a good sign but AFL is really all that matters and he hasn't had that time yet. How you could be the best player from 2015 from a decent goal in the reserves is beyond me. There are so many players under the age of 21 myself and most others would take before him. I'm also going to place Jayden Laverde in the category of overrated youngsters; he has not done anything significant yet.

Jobe Watson - just an average midfielder nowadays and you shouldn't put too much hope in him to lift you back to finals. Might still get a lot of touches but he's hardly the game changer he was in 2012 and 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back