Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone says there are many 17 year olds running around in TAC cup.....and that most of the best players in the TAC cup come from those 17 year olds....that is why they are saying next year's draft is infinately better than this years
Now, if SOS is the genius we think he is......then rather than be light on (as we are this year without a second round pick) then he will top up for next year....
So my best bet is.....we trade Gibbs for this year's Pick 10 and thier first or second round pick next year
And given the top 3 this year are all mid fielders....and we are bringing in 3 good mids (Rocky, Kennedy and Smith) THEN..
We give Pick 10 to Gold Coast for Saad
We give Pick 3 and 38 to GWS for Smith and Kennedy and thier first round pick next year

IN
Kennedy
Smith
Saad
2nd round pick 2018
1st round pick 2018

OUT
Gibbs
Pick 3 2017
Pick 38 2017
So glad your not trading for us.

Tim Kelly

Yeah, but that's just highlights. Doesn't tell the full picture....

25kicks
10hballs
35disp
9 marks
7 goals 2

:eek:

Only 1 tackle and no hitouts!

5th rounder to rookie at best; pre-emptive sakc....

Kennedy coming to Carlton.

Really wanted Hopper earlier, but I think Kennedy could be just as good, if not better.
Looks a bit quicker than Hopper to me and hits packs every bit as hard.
Great guy too. Someone that will take care of your back and someone you'll want to take care of, also.

I'm thrilled as he was the one I wanted over all other available names.
Could well be better than Hopper. A brute of a kid. Particularly strong through the legs and hips. Plays a lot like Joey Kennedy. Not quick at all. Has good leap and loves the inside stuff. Good kick on either foot.
Great pickup.

We give Pick 3 and 38 to GWS for Smith and Kennedy and thier first round pick next year

given GWS is likely top 4 next year and we only get pick 15-18 in return, that is Carlton paying overs
and pick 10 for Saad, overs

agree that SOS should try and get currency in next year's draft though.

everyone says there are many 17 year olds running around in TAC cup.....and that most of the best players in the TAC cup come from those 17 year olds....that is why they are saying next year's draft is infinately better than this years
Now, if SOS is the genius we think he is......then rather than be light on (as we are this year without a second round pick) then he will top up for next year....
So my best bet is.....we trade Gibbs for this year's Pick 10 and thier first or second round pick next year
And given the top 3 this year are all mid fielders....and we are bringing in 3 good mids (Rocky, Kennedy and Smith) THEN..

IN
Kennedy
Smith
Saad
2nd round pick 2018
1st round pick 2018

OUT
Gibbs
Pick 3 2017
Pick 38 2017

We’re giving away pick 3 in this years draft for a possible pick 14-16 next year?

We’re giving up pick 10 for Saad?

Good thing there’s 0 chance this nonsense happens.

I don't usually propose any possible trades scenarios due to far too many permutations, but I'm hoping SOS is doing everything he can to secure GC's first round pick in the 2018 draft.
With Ablett not playing there next year I think it is very likely they finish last, and from what I've seen Izak Rankine is the clear number 1 and possible the best U18 player I've ever seen.
I'd like to see us offer pick 3, 16(Gibbs) & 2018 2nd for GC 2018 1st Rd(Likely pick 1) and Adam Saad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IN
Kennedy
Smith
Saad
2nd round pick 2018
1st round pick 2018

OUT
Gibbs
Pick 3 2017
Pick 38 2017
Holy mother of no!

IN
Kennedy
Smith
Saad
2nd round pick 2018
1st round pick 2018

OUT
Gibbs
Pick 3 2017
Pick 38 2017

lol.

This would be a disaster, no chance of happening! Saad isn't worth pick 10 and if we want another 2018 pick we could ask for Adelaide's as part of the Gibbs deal. Pick 3 will gets us a future star that suits our needs, next year with a pick in the mid teens we may not have that luxury. There are plenty of busts in every draft, better to pick at 3 than 15!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate
Looks the goods :thumbsu:

25kicks
10hballs
35disp
9 marks
7 goals 2

Yeah, he really needs to work on his hit outs......zero for the whole season!....LOL
The guy is a machine, silky smooth, and get LOTS of the ball.
Hopefully can transform his WAFL game into AFL.

25kicks
10hballs
35disp
9 marks
7 goals 2

Was his biggest game of the year, and one of only 3 games where he topped over 30 disposals, so I'm hoping they think he's not top 30.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but not all of that will readily translate to the AFL, though he will definitely be crafty forward of centre and help set us up if he joins the club.

Was his biggest game of the year, and one of only 3 games where he topped over 30 disposals, so I'm hoping they think he's not top 30.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but not all of that will readily translate to the AFL, though he will definitely be crafty forward of centre and help set us up if he joins the club.
Rookie list maybe Jim?

Collingwood hoped Krakouer would become a 30 possession silky midfielder like he was the in the WAFL. Reality he was just a handy HF. Big step up in standard between the 2 leagues

Hoping that 2018 2nd + #36 will get the job done for Kennedy + Smith.

Also hoping Gibbs for #10.

If Gibbs goes, welcome Rocky.

Leave trade period with:

#10 + Kennedy + Smith + Rocky.

Lose Gibbs + 2018 2nd + #36.

Have zero interest in acquiring Saad.

It would appear almost impossible to get all of Kennedy, Smith and Saad if Gibbs stays.

Anyone else open to keeping Gibbs and trading pick 3 to get it done? It's our only other tradable asset.
If the net result was something like pick 3 for Kennedy, Smith, Saad and a second round pick i'd do it for sure.

There seems to be more question marks on the top draftees this year than most others...none appear to be rated as guaranteed stars.
Rayner has endurance concerns and even the likes of Dow, LDU etc aren't as 'standout' as previous years and if we get Rockliff, Kennedy & Smith, they aren't the type of mids we need that badly when added to Cuningham, SPS, Fisher, Cripps, Gibbs and Murphy.

Achieve this for just one pick and get Rockliff and we are talking finals.

Forget Saad and keep pick 3

3 for Longer and 7
7 for Kennedy, Smith & 25
25 for Saad
Rockliff as FA

EDIT: I should stipulate this isn't a rumour or based on anything but needs. I think pick 3 is dispensable this year - the talk is we have doubts on the quality at the top end.

It would appear almost impossible to get all of Kennedy, Smith and Saad if Gibbs stays.

Anyone else open to keeping Gibbs and trading pick 3 to get it done? It's our only other tradable asset.
If the net result was something like pick 3 for Kennedy, Smith, Saad and a second round pick i'd do it for sure.

There seems to be more question marks on the top draftees this year than most others...none appear to be rated as guaranteed stars.
Rayner has endurance concerns and even the likes of Dow, LDU etc aren't as 'standout' as previous years and if we get Rockliff, Kennedy & Smith, they aren't the type of mids we need that badly when added to Cuningham, SPS, Fisher, Cripps, Gibbs and Murphy.

Achieve this for just one pick and get Rockliff and we are talking finals.

Pick 3 for Kennedy, Smith and Scully.
2018 2nd Round for Saad
FA Rockliff
Keep Gibbs.

Couldn't care less about the draft after that.

Just can't see Gibbs leaving. We aren't keen for him to leave and Crows won't give high picks/players. I don't think he is as keen to leave as he was previously as well.

Keep Gibbs
Kennedy Smith and Salary dump for second round 2018.
Rockliff via FA
Balic or Miles for Boekhurst/5th round
Lang could be 4th rounder as hasn't been offered contract
Shaw seems to be coming for nothing

Go to draft with 3-4 picks including Pick 3

Rookie Penrith and maybe big bodied mid similar to a Menegola plus a ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back