Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by M_rash, Jan 6, 2017.
With Collingwood. At $500k per year?
(Log in to remove this ad.)
Didn't think ross went on those type of shows. That half the time is just rumour gossip and innuendo.
Contractual obligations no doubt. Plus, it's only the lead up to a Derby. Just take the week off Ross. Go surfing or something
[Connor Blakely likes this]
Very interesting Hackdorn comments today.
Before you get too excited it was all about WC, but he gave a real bake to the current coach (just an average coach) and stated that Sumich should have got the job, Sumich is a much better coach. Wow, maybe his access to WC might get cut, he was very emotional about Sumich being shafted in his interview process.
Very entertaining for the outsider but just goes to show his small town mentality that because Suma talks to him he must be soooo much better.
Time for Barrett to revisit this?
Ross on footy Classified right now, pretty interesting, think its on TV in Perth at 9:55 for anyone who wants to watch, talks about Bennell, Fyfe as a leader, Coaching achievements, completely rules out the collingwood job (obvs)
Ross stuck around after the ad break for another segment, about 30 minutes of Ross talking about all things footy including not just Freo, definitely recommend watching the episode at 9:55
Extra long interview in two parts with Ross just finished on Footy Classified. (Nine)
Ross on Footy Classified:
- talks about selection earlier in the year as "integrity of selection" but are now staying the course
- Defends Fyfe's performances as part of recovering from his leg injuries and his chest. Feels that Fyfe is close to signing, but he stays out of it.
- Talks about the issue of the captaincy last year, Mundy struggled with Pav still there last year, credits Fyfe for improving and getting the vote. Gave credit to Mundy for backing Fyfe.
- Talks about the transition and touches on Tendai and Co. in reply to the questions about the Port Adelaide loss.
- credits Nyhuis about his "dog-hungry."
- talks about seeing possibility in the list and it's not about draft picks
- Categorically bats away any possibility of being Collingwood's next coach. Says he is committed to Freo and vice versa.
- On Bennell: Defends him and talks about how Bennell blew up when he re-injured his calf. Will play at Peel this week. Ross is a real fan, it sounds.
- Really proud of the 2013 group, still working on getting better and will certainly try his best to win one for Freo.
- Caro defends football journalism (hahahaha) -- Ross just laughs her off her soap box.
- On player mental health and how coaches deal with them. He feels this has changed in the last 10 years. Freo is one of 2 clubs that employ a full time sports psychologist for the players. Players are scrutinised more these days and players have more pressure.
- On coaches under pressure. Ross talks about working and delegation and perspective.
- Talks about Connor and his surfing. Details the training schedule, really proud that most of our boys are studying outside of footy.
- Asked about umpiring, he said he never castigates the umpires (bloody hell, he should've used the opportunity).
I guess Footyshow'll be youtubed or suchlike?
Very aware man.
The game is very fast,physical and they change the rules on a whim.Hard job.Slagging them certainly won't improve your treatment.Declaring you won't castigate them might.
Pragmatist to the last.
He still knows Margett's a campaigner.
Solid spoiler alerts
On the umpiring - feels like we just bend over and take it week in, week out. Surely someone could just pen a letter and get it sorted out behind closed doors. Maybe once ballas go, things will swing - I mean, I think I even saw Walters get paid a high tackle on the weekend - never say never I suppose
It should be available on 9now.com.au from tomorrow (Tuesday) to watch the wheat from the chaff get discussed with Ross and the panel.
Tomorrow's newspapers are the next day's fish and chip wrapping.
Haven't felt particularly hard done by by the umpires since the last derby
Hope it was not any of your rellies that arsewipe was kicking around Rotto.
Hard to credit your people were treated with the disdain of a $2000 fine.
Even humans are worth more.
Commentators find it laughable most weeks. Get sick of hearing them chuckle to each other whilst being bewildered "hahaha I thought that was a definite free kick" or "hahaha Freo have been really UNLUCKY today". Umps seem to miss quite a few frees for us most weeks. Grinds my gears. They were maybe even a little on our side last week - but that was an anomaly.
Sure we give away a lot of frees because we have no idea how to tackle. But it's the non-calls for us that stand out to me. End rant.
A quokka with opposable thumbs using a device to access the internet. I haven't come across that before. I think your referring to the incident earlier this year when a New Zealand man was seen throwing a quokka into the ocean. Or the previous "quokka soccer" acts of cruelty that occured some years ago. The fines are now up to $50,000 and 5 years jail.
Yeah I'd probably agree with that.
Either they read our thread or they're laying off us now we aren't a threat anymore.
Dis de campaigner fella:
Quokka attack: Harrison McPherson fined for kicking animal on ... - ABC
I wonder how Chris Mayne would feel about talk of Ross Lyon being good for Collingwood?
He'd love it, he might be able to get a game again.
Haven't seen Footy Classified and it's not up on 9Now yet but in the meantime there's this: