Club Mgmt. 2017 Membership Thread - 67,770 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

How much have we been adding a week?

2k to go before next saturday

Roughly we get around 200 a day so we should make it to 60K before round 1.

I was having a look at the chart previously posted to determine how many more members we have gained from 7 March in previous years.

2015: 13,811
2014: 11,642
2013: 12,070
2012: 6,800

From 2013 to 2015 we achieved good growth late. I suspect as an increasing number of people sign up for the membership rollover the growth in membership numbers will decline late and be higher initially, as it does for Hawthorn. However, for this year there didn't seem to be a higher membership rollover and I suspect we will be able grow our number by about 10k. It'd be good if we knew how many 'new' members there are.

67-68k looks to be my estimation of final numbers.
Introduction of 3 game membership is what boosted those numbers

I think we'll fall just short of 60K. Missed the boat because of the second half against Geelong I think
Nah. I reckon we'll get there, weekends you can usually count on 500-600 in pre-season.

The past few weeks added about 200 or so on the weekend. Unless I am mistaken. We'll see I guess. Maybe the build up to the game will add a few
I think you might be right about the fade out against the cats but we need to balance that against the re-signing of fantasia and hird talking about how great it will be to watch the bombers this year in the HS - fingers crossed we get there
how we go in week 1 is probably more important to the final tally

I think you might be right about the fade out against the cats but we need to balance that against the re-signing of fantasia and hird talking about how great it will be to watch the bombers this year in the HS - fingers crossed we get there
how we go in week 1 is probably more important to the final tally
Yep that probably looks like it will bump up our numbers a bit.

I'd love to know how many would base their membership decision on one half of a pre-season game. Sounds ridiculous.
Well many people are probably holding out to see how we progress because of the huge unknown. People will buy if they are convinced that it'll be "worth it" (let's face it, some people buy it for the wins). Because we didn't show a strong 4 quarter performance this preseason and didn't have a win, fair to say that many will be waiting to see how we go against Hawthorn. If we have a strong win, watch the numbers pour in.

Still at a record pace though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always wondered about the intrigue of the membership number count..
In reality other than a glorified dick measuring contest it is becoming increasingly irrelevant when measuring the strength, health or scope of a club..
Figures can be so easily skewed it has now becoming a badge of honor rather than anything else i.e. some clubs now count family memberships as 5 members even if 3 sign up in the package deal to boost figures, then advertise that number to encourage more to join..

These days, if you want to measure how many supporters each Vic club has then many say the best metric to use is the social media followings.. There was a reason why pre-equalisation Essendon and Collingwood played every second Friday night game purely due to the amount of viewers who would watch.. From that perspective no one comes near the Pies or the Bombers and that's why the blue chip sponsors sit with us first and haven't fled the club over the last 4 years of drama..
If you want to measure the financial strength of a club then the best metric is gaming footprint and the caliber of corporate sponsorship..
For example, i doubt 'Dare Ice Coffee', 'Tasmania' and probably even 'Jeep' have the capacity to pay anything near what Fujitsu, a multinational with an annual turnover in the billions pays to have a partnership with EFC..

So despite 10 years of mediocrity and drama, rest assured EFC is at the pointy end when it comes to true KPIs that make a club strong off the field.
Other clubs can celebrate their half hourly membership count increases - but it really means less and less these days..

Last edited:
What's the deal with Geelong offering 60%+ off certain memberships today, are all clubs doing that? Not sure it's a good idea to treat already paid up members like that by offering such a big discount.

What's the deal with Geelong offering 60%+ off certain memberships today, are all clubs doing that? Not sure it's a good idea to treat already paid up members like that by offering such a big discount.

s**t club culture.

Half of geelongs "members" are probably ******* cats

Not winning a JLT game and bad press from the meeting tapes and gatto links didn't help trying to get past 60k before rd 1. Still will break the all time membership record but really need to win the opening 3 rounds (Hawks, Lions and Blues) to generate hype that sells memberships. Although most likely we will win 2 of those 3 matches.

Got 2 memberships today, upgraded my flexi to Bronze, as I'll be up for a few games this year. Just hoping that I can give the other to the missus/a friend whenever I'm up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back