Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

5 for 13 + 1st in 2018

13 + Broomhead or Aish for Lever
I just have to ask, why would Adelaide trade out Lever for an average pick and some non certain best 22 players?
Beggars belief.

I don't understand why if we don't like a player another club is going to love them?

Why did West Coast trade down from 6 to 11 in 2013? If you can add value the other club would be stupid not to go for it.

This would've been in the proviso that we weren't going to pick West Australian Dom Sheed with 6. North had already committed to Luke McDonald, with 8. It was relatively risk free, for them to move up some later picks in the draft.
Wow looking at that draft a lot of players have changed clubs, and more may move at seasons end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 for Hopper and Adams for Lever?
Tempting the mouse to come out of his mouse hole and nibble the cheese*

I'd defer to the experts on this, but poking out for a bite, perhaps so.

* I've heard mice done particularly like cheese

Landsberger is kidding right? No way is Naish worth that kind of currency, but it would be fairly hilarious if they were made to pay such a high price for him!
Even Bishop being a Richmond fan laughed at someone when they said he'd get a bid on in the top 10. Said his kicking is overrated and his defensive efforts are non existent.

Even Bishop being a Richmond fan laughed at someone when they said he'd get a bid on in the top 10. Said his kicking is overrated and his defensive efforts are non existent.

Bishop laughed at me when I suggested Daicos jnr had an elite kick, low and behold in the VFL he has shown to be an elite kick. Daic jnr takes high risk high reward kicks to success and draws players to the footy into space, excellent kick to advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bishop laughed at me when I suggested Daicos jnr had an elite kick, low and behold in the VFL he has shown to be an elite kick. Daic jnr takes high risk high reward kicks to success and draws players to the footy into space, excellent kick to advantage.
I guess you get that with some recruiters. Some just see it a different way. From what I saw in the champs I can see why he doesn't rate his kicking as elite. He was going for the high risk, high reward type kick and it didn't come off sometimes. But he did show he was capable. I think with time he'll get there.

I guess you get that with some recruiters. Some just see it a different way. From what I saw in the champs I can see why he doesn't rate his kicking as elite. He was going for the high risk, high reward type kick and it didn't come off sometimes. But he did show he was capable. I think with time he'll get there.

That was because of a few factors.

1) Never done an elite systems preseason till that year his tank vs others in the champs was well behind. What happens when your legs are filled with Jelly?

2) the pressure had stepped up to a level he previously hadn't been exposed.

3) turn overs tend to stick in our minds, likely the brain ignored the multiple kicks that did hit the target and come off or put it down to a lucky kick. I had seen enough through the champs to see he had elite skill set by BOTH feet.

That was because of a few factors.

1) Never done an elite systems preseason till that year his tank vs others in the champs was well behind. What happens when your legs are filled with Jelly?

2) the pressure had stepped up to a level he previously hadn't been exposed.

3) turn overs tend to stick in our minds, likely the brain ignored the multiple kicks that did hit the target and come off or put it down to a lucky kick. I had seen enough through the champs to see he had elite skill set by BOTH feet.
Fair enough. Would you bid on him in the top 10?

Fair enough. Would you bid on him in the top 10?

Would I of ?

No because his production and performance was too up and down at that point. Would of been risky. I would of however used a 2nd rounder on him if needed to secure him should of another team bid there.

I will also say this, I think should he have the right attitude to training and developing further, he could well turn out to be one of those players who people look back on and say how'd he go at pick yadda yadda. Talent is 100% there.

He had a lot of plus' I saw in his game but he also was a low production player and due to the lack of elite pathway, was hard to gauge if it was due to ability to find it or his lack of general fitness vs the others in that system.

I said it a while back pre his draft that he is very Didak *like* in kicking ability, movement and tricks. Difference being Dids ability to find the ball was much better.

Do they? Most ratings I've seen have him around the late 1st early 2nd round. Surely they'd be looking to get the best value possible for their first picks + Naish rather than saving a pick for him?

The highest I recall seeing Naish was Cal Twomey who had him 14th. I reckon he or the AFL will be encouraging the drama of what Richmond might need to give up.

But you're right, most have him late first/early second.

It sounds like this draft is pretty skint for quality key forwards that will be available at our pick.
I'd be surprised if one of Fogarty or Brander weren't available to us if we have a top 5 pick.

Lever plays the same position as Howe. Given we already have a defensive balance that favours talls, if we recruit Lever it has to be with an eye on sending Howe forward. Lever still hasn't demonstrated that he's a centre half back to a high quality so if that's the position people have earmarked for him I think they'll be disappointed.

Can easily have Lever and Howe both in defence.

Pick 13 is an average pick for a team on top for a player who they have developed for a few years and he looks like he will be a future all Australian.

I wouldnt give Lever up for 2 first round picks. We know what he can do but for all we know those two first round picks could be absoloute duds.

I hate when draft picks are thrown for stars. Why would someone trade a star for risk in the draft?

If we want Lever we would have top give up a gun who is around his age and looks to have similar promise to him which is none because we don't have anyone that good sadly. Possibly De Goey but he won't be a enough for Adelaide to accept the deal.

Back