NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda like my YouTube channel....And no mother.....Well, other people's mothers.

Yeah but that still has more credibility than a Forbes "Contributor"

Looks more and more likely the 49ers are going to draft heavy defense in this draft following the first wave of FA.

If the 49ers offer more than a warm cup of chicken soup for Cousins then they are wasting picks. Cousins will be a 49er in 2018 through FA and we aint competing this year anyway. I expect the 49ers to just go BPA on defense with all early picks unless one of the round one rated QBs or WRs, not worthy of the 2nd overall pick slide to the second round.

Looks more and more likely the 49ers are going to draft heavy defense in this draft following the first wave of FA.

If the 49ers offer more than a warm cup of chicken soup for Cousins then they are wasting picks. Cousins will be a 49er in 2018 through FA and we aint competing this year anyway. I expect the 49ers to just go BPA on defense with all early picks unless one of the round one rated QBs or WRs, not worthy of the 2nd overall pick slide to the second round.

Wouldnt shock me if Snyder is petty enough to tag him for a 3rd year

Wouldnt shock me if Snyder is petty enough to tag him for a 3rd year

At 36M guaranteed it would not surprise me....Kirk Cousin could earn over 80M in three seasons

Definitely the right strategy too.

This drafts strength is defense..by loading up on defense this year it gives a much better chance to have the defense strong by the time the new qb rols around in 2 years.

The only question is which defender do they go for. They went defensive line with first round picks in last two drafts, is jon allens health too risky to use at pick 2?

I think they should be brave enough to draft rueben foster. Imo 2nd best player in the draft, could be the long term patrick willis replacement...and it works well as middle linebacker is probably the 49ers biggest hole (after bowman got injured) i know pick 2 may be high for an inside linebacker, but foster is an amazing talent.

Excited to see how the 49ers go in the off season

At 36M guaranteed it would not surprise me....Kirk Cousin could earn over 80M in three seasons
Which is much more than he is worth, but the overinflated QB market with paying average QB's Rodgers/Brady money. Who knows how much a QB needy team will pay him.

This drafts strength is defense..by loading up on defense this year it gives a much better chance to have the defense strong by the time the new qb rols around in 2 years.

The only question is which defender do they go for. They went defensive line with first round picks in last two drafts, is jon allens health too risky to use at pick 2?

I think they should be brave enough to draft rueben foster. Imo 2nd best player in the draft, could be the long term patrick willis replacement...and it works well as middle linebacker is probably the 49ers biggest hole (after bowman got injured) i know pick 2 may be high for an inside linebacker, but foster is an amazing talent.

With Garrett going 1st (all we need now is the Browns to trade the 1st overall pick to the Pats for Jimmy and the internet will explode) I want Solomon Thomas. 49ers have had too much bad history with the previous GM building an all ACL team so they can't afford to take an injury punt on Allen.

I'd still be just as happy with Foster or Hooker but Thomas is the guy I think the 49ers need most as a BPA.

Yeah, agree with this, now Chipster has buggered off the Niners should come back to traditional NFL land, which would mean they focus on best available in the draft. Which, as you say, means lots of early d picks in this draft...

I am keen to see what they do too. I am picking for the Niners in the board's mock draft, you two should let me know what you think of each pick I make (surely I can't be worse than Baaalke??)...

One of the standout defensive backs just tore his achillies in pre draft workouts...

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ield-with-apparent-leg-injury-at-uws-pro-day/

Shakes the mock drafts up a bit...

Former Washington star Sidney Jones, widely considered one of the top three cornerback prospects entering next month’s NFL draft, suffered a torn Achilles in his left leg during his final drill of UW’s Pro Day workout Saturday, sources told The Seattle Times.

It’s unclear how long Jones’ recovery will be — generally, one can resume activities six months after surgery for an Achilles tear — but it’s an injury that could drop him out of the first round of the draft.

Working out before some 50 NFL scouts, Jones tumbled to the turf while doing a backpedaling drill and immediately grabbed his left leg.​

One of the standout defensive backs just tore his achillies in pre draft workouts...

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ield-with-apparent-leg-injury-at-uws-pro-day/

Former Washington star Sidney Jones, widely considered one of the top three cornerback prospects entering next month’s NFL draft, suffered a torn Achilles in his left leg during his final drill of UW’s Pro Day workout Saturday, sources told The Seattle Times.

It’s unclear how long Jones’ recovery will be — generally, one can resume activities six months after surgery for an Achilles tear — but it’s an injury that could drop him out of the first round of the draft.

Working out before some 50 NFL scouts, Jones tumbled to the turf while doing a backpedaling drill and immediately grabbed his left leg.​
Will be similar to Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack of last year. Will force him out of the top 20-25 and then teams will start seriously considering him. The whole risk v reward argument becomes too strong.

Lucky Baalke isnt in charge anymore, he would take him with the 2nd pick for sure now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A dream day for me would be the 49ers turning pick 2 and 34 (plus some change) into two top ten picks and landing 2 of Foster, Hooker or Thomas.

For me...a great result for the 9era would be foster/hooker at 2.

If they stay in and around the pick 34 range i think DT Malik Mcdowell from Michigan state would be great value to keep building the pass rush.

BOMBSHELL

According to PFT's Mike Florio, the Titans offered to swap first-round picks -- No. 5 for No. 11 -- and a third-round pick to the Saints in exchange for Brandin Cooks.

Appearing on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville on Monday, Titans GM Jon Robinson revealed he never offered the No. 18 pick for Cooks, the second of two first-rounders the Titans own. The No. 5 selection is via the Rams. If Tennessee truly offered a swap of first-rounders that high in the draft in addition to a three, it's surprising New Orleans didn't bite at that proposal over the Patriots' No. 32 pick and a third it ultimately accepted in exchange for Cooks last Friday. This would indicate the Titans remain in the market for a playmaking outside receiver.
Related: Saints

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

BOMBSHELL

According to PFT's Mike Florio, the Titans offered to swap first-round picks -- No. 5 for No. 11 -- and a third-round pick to the Saints in exchange for Brandin Cooks.

Appearing on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville on Monday, Titans GM Jon Robinson revealed he never offered the No. 18 pick for Cooks, the second of two first-rounders the Titans own. The No. 5 selection is via the Rams. If Tennessee truly offered a swap of first-rounders that high in the draft in addition to a three, it's surprising New Orleans didn't bite at that proposal over the Patriots' No. 32 pick and a third it ultimately accepted in exchange for Cooks last Friday. This would indicate the Titans remain in the market for a playmaking outside receiver.

PFT's Mike Florio reports the Eagles offered the Saints a package of FS Malcolm Jenkins, a third-round pick, and a fourth-round pick in exchange for Brandin Cooks.

The Saints apparently wanted a second-round pick and Jenkins, a price the Eagles obviously balked at since Cooks was later dealt to the Patriots. Jenkins, 29, started his career with the Saints as the No. 14 overall pick in 2009 before signing with the Eagles in 2014. He's become one of the top safeties in the league, grading out well in coverage and providing strong run support. Jenkins is under contract through 2020 after signing a big extension in February 2016.

If Browns were gonna give the #1 for Brandin Cooks, imagine what Raiders could get out of them trading them Carr!!
Wouldn't be the first time someone thinks they can get overs on trading a Carr

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline "consistently heard daily rumors" at the Combine that the Broncos could make Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey their first-round pick.

Pauline drew on Broncos GM John Elway's relationship with the McCaffrey family after playing with Ed in Denver, in addition to Elway's college background having schooled at Stanford. Pauline suggests McCaffrey wouldn't necessarily take over as the Broncos' feature back, instead operating as an all-purpose weapon who also returns punts and kicks. The Broncos pick at No. 20 overall.
Related: Broncos

Source: Draft Analyst
Mar 15 - 11:24 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back