2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously comprehension is a failing of yours. I said we'd be favourites by the bye, IF we kept improving from that standard. No one is saying we are a premiership favourite after 1 win. We've been through this movie before.

Lol. Funny how we rarely saw any Port posters on here for a long time and then one win and they're all over here!

Hear Hear!!

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/adam-simpson-gives-the-afl-a-huge-whack?station=melbourne

Adam Simpson Gives The AFL A Huge Whack

West Coast coach Adam Simpson has slammed the AFL for constantly making rule changes. Speaking to Fairfax Media during the week, Simpson implored the AFL to stop tampering with the game and its rules. "I like the look of the game," he said.n "I want my boy in the under-10s to keep in footy. I think coaches can help with that. We can put our personal interests aside to help with the rules and make sure our boys don't choose soccer or basketball. "But you look back over the last few years and you scratch your head. The sub rule – what was that for? We had players in a vest for three years! Why? "Last year it was the 10-metre protected area rule. For the first three or four weeks they were paying 50-metre penalties and then it stopped. Why? What does that mean?" Simpson said he struggled to see why the AFL was constantly looking to make tweaks and adjustments. "I can understand why the AFL changes a rule for players' safety or talk about umpires throwing up the ball up because it helps them when they're more mentally fragile as juniors but when they bring in rule change after rule change I just can't see the benefit of it," he said. He also suggested he, along with other interstate clubs, were being kept out of the loop. "And we don't get consulted with any fair warning," he said. "And you particularly notice it being an interstate club...we just don't get consulted."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Janus how many weeks until we become premiership favourites then? how much weight do you put on round 1 form now?

I have you as premiership favourites at the moment :)

In three weeks, when you meet a team that actually defends properly, you won't be :p

I have you as premiership favourites at the moment :)

In three weeks, when you meet a team that actually defends properly, you won't be :p

In 3 weeks it's round 4 and we play Essendon.....didn't realise you were such a huge wrap for the Bombers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back