2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderfully developed skill! Everything coordinates so well - angle turn toward the tackler, keep upper body as low as possible, make sure knees are low and flexed, have head angle that exaggerates forthcoming contact and last but not least, ensure the tackle side arm is raised to ensure fouling over the shoulder! Spectacular Australian Football skills at their finest.

I wander what would happen if, just before the tackle, the tackler were to stop and not tackle? Would McClean go arse up into the turf? If a team were to do that a couple of times every game, he (and others) would look so stupid, it would be worth him getting away with the ball a few times. Especially if it was done in the dogs' defensive half.

I hear on Fox Footy that the AFL is considering the ridiculous 17 and 5 concept.

I think it is really a dumb idea.

From what I understand is that after 17 rounds if you're sitting 7th then the highest that you can finish is 7th even if you win all five of your remaining games.

Take last year for instance after 17 games 2nd-7th were all on equal points and split by percentage with 8th only 1 game behind them. It seems a bit harsh to take 7th and 8th out of contention for the top 4 and home finals especially when there's still five more games to play.

Also how is it supposed to work with home games ? What happens if you already played the four or five of the teams you're paired with at home already or will some teams be lumbered with having to potentially play 2 away games against the same side in the 1 season ?
They are also toying with giving the bottom 6 teams a chance of playing off in the finals? What happened to the concept of the best teams over a SEASON make the finals?

Leave the game alone you fickheads

But their supporters felt damn proud of the way SOS held onto Gibbs for dear life to prevent us paying a fair trade for him, even though in the long run it would have benefited their Club greatly.

Not sure what they achieved last night with Gibbs in their team. At least with our 2016 first and second they could have started to develop a team for the future.

I never watch Carlton usually but when I was awake I watched Gibbs a bit.
He'd go alright in our team, but by next year you'd think that one of our organic improvers might almost make him depth in our team. Hoping so anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never watch Carlton usually but when I was awake I watched Gibbs a bit.
He'd go alright in our team, but by next year you'd think that one of our organic improvers might almost make him depth in our team. Hoping so anyway

I have no problem of our Club going after Gibbs hard, but definitely not worth two first rounders or a 1st and a decent player. That time has passed.

I wonder what SOS gained by being an a-hole for all parties concerned. Blues supporters said they needed Gibbs to prevent beatings like last night, well it will happen regardless of Gibbs being in or out. Very very few players could have reduced the beating to just a simple loss.

They are also toying with giving the bottom 6 teams a chance of playing off in the finals? What happened to the concept of the best teams over a SEASON make the finals?

The rules committee is being paid to come up with new rules. It has to be seen to be doing something. It doesnt matter what or how dumb, we must have new rules to justify its existence.

They'd promote that as being an amazing opportunity for anyone to make finals, then if it actually happened at the expense of a decent or Victorian team there'd be so much uproar that it would be shitcanned never to happen again.

The AFL fixturing is such a joke. TV ratings shouldn't be the sole driver but they should be a factor. To think we play Richmond next week on a Sunday twilight and Carlton played port on a Friday night....don't need tarot cards to work out which will be the better game.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...to-friday-night-football-20170422-gvq6qn.html

"Ratings reported on Saturday showed that the game was among the lowest-rating Friday night matches for Channel Seven since the start of last year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back