Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't sound like Francis is a R1 lock from what Dododododoro just said on the Essendon intraclub live stream. Queries on whether he has the tank yet and said with their depth they have no reason to rush him.
Probably fair enough too. When he does get the tank he's gonna be something though. 10 years ago he'd play every game but given the emphasis on aerobic fitness these days, it's tougher for some kids to get to the level required. I'd probably play him 12-15 games unless form demands more, mainly deep forward.

1. Francis
2. McCluggage
3. Weiderman
4. McGrath
5. Drew (250/1 btw)

I'm a Lions fan and I wouldn't put McCluggage in the top 5 discussion.

He will get every chance at the Lions, but he just doesn't have the body yet to play enough games and minutes to be genuinely in this conversation. I'd look at McGrath and Ainsworth from last years draft.

Left ankle apparently, would be a shame if it's quite serious.
Rolled. Worsfold didn't seem to fazed. May limit his pre-season a touch, but he's been good to date. Needs to build a tank, so losing the opportunity to run out the day today is disappointing.
I'm a Lions fan and I wouldn't put McCluggage in the top 5 discussion.

He will get every chance at the Lions, but he just doesn't have the body yet to play enough games and minutes to be genuinely in this conversation. I'd look at McGrath and Ainsworth from last years draft.
could be a few smokies this year
Allison by all reports has re-captured his 2015 form.
And Mutch has been looking slick for the Dons as well.

Rolled. Worsfold didn't seem to fazed. May limit his pre-season a touch, but he's been good to date. Needs to build a tank, so losing the opportunity to run out the day today is disappointing.

Good to hear that it's not likely to be a serious injury. I nominated him as potentially one of your breakout players this year and I think he's going to play mainly forward this year probably deep as like you've said he needs to build his endurance.

I only watched the intra-club right when he got injured so I didn't watch much of it.

Also, I've been hearing some good things regarding Langford in the midfield this pre-season in the intra-club and other match simulation sessions and out of the players who are only in their first few years at the club, he looks one of the most likely to make a positive impact this year bringing a different dynamic to your midfield with his frame and height.

lol that was me posting a wind up post to see if I would get anyone to bite on the whole "Allison tanking last year" conspiracy theory. Allison has been training well, but don't count him as a smokey.

Good to hear that it's not likely to be a serious injury. I nominated him as potentially one of your breakout players this year and I think he's going to play mainly forward this year probably deep as like you've said he needs to build his endurance.

I only watched the intra-club right when he got injured so I didn't watch much of it.

Also, I've been hearing some good things regarding Langford in the midfield this pre-season in the intra-club and other match simulation sessions and out of the players who are only in their first few years at the club, he looks one of the most likely to make a positive impact this year bringing a different dynamic to your midfield with his frame and height.
I've always thought Langford was well suited as a mid. As is Laverde. They both showed a lot today
Still think Francis will have a good year. He and Oliver will follow similar trajectories as they build their tanks.

I've always thought Langford was well suited as a mid. As is Laverde. They both showed a lot today
Still think Francis will have a good year. He and Oliver will follow similar trajectories as they build their tanks.
Yeah Laverde's an interesting one. I read an article I think in the Herald Sun and he mentioned he wanted to play in the midfield eventually. I'm looking forward to what he may have to offer this year and I think he's got some real potential to bring that x-factor into your forward line this season. All of Langford, Laverde and Francis as those tall players with a point of difference I feel are going to be absolute weapons for you guys in the future IMO.

Really think Clarke is a huge chance for this. Will get heaps of games and collects touches at will. Extra pre-season helps too.
Don't mean to be obtuse in the slightest....but who?

Mainly asking because I want rookies in my DreamTeam.....but yeah....no idea who Clarke is.

If you have time, please elaborate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be in the rookies. Ryan Clarke, second year player, ball pig.

Thanks mate.

On a side note....is it just me or should BigFooty have a a forum (or is there one already?) dedicated to DT?

Would generate huge amounts of traffic. I run a cash league.....NSW based (though last years winner was in Texas)......loads people get in on Fantasy, DT, Draft Stars etc...seems an obvious and easy hole for BF to fill.

DreamTeamTalk is losing it's mojo, too many kids. Anyways...I'll show myself out.

****Sorry for going off topic*****

Back on topic....My pick is McCluggage or Bowes.

If Francis gets his tank up......he could get the chocolates.

Thanks mate.

On a side note....is it just me or should BigFooty have a a forum (or is there one already?) dedicated to DT?

Would generate huge amounts of traffic. I run a cash league.....NSW based (though last years winner was in Texas)......loads people get in on Fantasy, DT, Draft Stars etc...seems an obvious and easy hole for BF to fill.

DreamTeamTalk is losing it's mojo, too many kids. Anyways...I'll show myself out.

****Sorry for going off topic*****

Back on topic....My pick is McCluggage or Bowes.

If Francis gets his tank up......he could get the chocolates.

They've been around for a long time.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/real-dream-team.442/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/supercoach.259/

Hopper surely a shoe in
Clarke a good bet as he will get good numbers in that north side with few players taking the ball off him

whats with the mcgrath popularity? will be v good eventually and play games this yr but not enough in year 1 reading reports and listening to "experts". mcluggage also surely struggle in that brisbane side

He's been mentioned, it's just no one wants to throw their money away.
Clearly didn't get the joke.

Yeah nahhh, you can miss out if you wish. Like seriously you think he dosent have a good chance? LOL

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't mean to be obtuse in the slightest....but who?

Mainly asking because I want rookies in my DreamTeam.....but yeah....no idea who Clarke is.

If you have time, please elaborate.
You just drafted his brother - Dylan.

Ryan won a rising star nom last year after having 27 touches - 12 contested in his 3rd afl game.

Noticeable two big changes to body shape since last year. Lovell has lost a lot of the puppy fat looks leaner but still has those thunder thighs and Burton is starting to look like an athlete. These two will surprise I feel as they both have the right work ethic and talent.

Some clubs will be embarrassed!

IMG_4531.JPG

Last edited:
Back