Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think hopper will get enough games playing as a full time mid.

Got 7-8 above him in the pecking order.

Hopper don't sit no 7th or 8th. He will pass Scully - who is just a good trainer and poorly skilled - and dumb - footballer. Kelly will mostly rotate off of the back flank - where he can fully utilize his skills, which are the best in the league. Hopper will sit behind Ward, Shiel, Lids and Coniglio. So he is either 5-7 (factoring in another mid) before factoring in injuries. Barring injuries himself, Hopper is your 2017 rising star winner. End thread already.

Hopper don't sit no 7th or 8th. He will pass Scully - who is just a good trainer and poorly skilled - and dumb - footballer. Kelly will mostly rotate off of the back flank - where he can fully utilize his skills, which are the best in the league. Hopper will sit behind Ward, Shiel, Lids and Coniglio. So he is either 5-7 (factoring in another mid) before factoring in injuries. Barring injuries himself, Hopper is your 2017 rising star winner. End thread already.
Hard to move Kelly to half back when Shaw, Wilson and Williams are there. He's got fantastic skills but I'm not sure he can defend one on one where those 3 have skills and defensive ability. Then Deledio if healthy can be a utility. I think Kelly will stay on a wing, Scully too, he's the fittest player in the comp so despite his obvious flaws he's vital to how the Giants play. Whitfield as the 3rd wingman once his ban finishes. Griffen might miss our or be used as depth. Ward, Shiel, Coniglio and Hopper as the first 4 inside mids picked. Hopper's probably 4th in line of those guys but that can change based on form.

If he's improved his fitness I'd give him a heap of midfield time to allow the other mids to rotate forward and not overextend themselves in games the Giants win easily.

Not convinced he'll win it though. I think he'll be trained up to do a lot of defensive work, be rotated through the team and dropped if he tires. I just think it's an easier award to win as the gun young player in a bad team compared to in a great team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back