Peptides! 2017 Round 1 Essendon Vs Hawthorn, #Roughyisback

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A few guys you could say are a little unlucky, but tough to see who goes out for them. Langers and Hartung probably in the last few picked, and I think Hartung will be given every chance thanks to the run he brings over others, and I thought Langers worked very hard in the JLT. Maybe slightly surprised at Henderson going straight in on one pre-season match (I think?) but I guess chased him as a free agent for a reason.

In the injury update on the Hawks website they said Howe played 90 minutes in the VFL last week as his first game back, and Brand is ready to go after a solid three week block of training (presumably will play the next VFL match, not sure if they play this weekend?). I'd love to see Brand put his hand up.
Good post. If either don't perform then Stewart comes in for one next week. Not sure who goes out for Hodge!

Im actually slightly annoyed by the team, i mean at some stage we have to expose our youth into playing consistent senior footy. It just seems like no one has pushed up at all from last year, the free agents and traded players aside its the same team. The start of the year is the time to blood the future and we seem to have missed a trick imo. Its no wonder our youth gets tipped as the worst in the league, we dont seem to give them a chance.

Conservative selections. Looks like we have picked a team to notch up home and away wins. Nothing wrong with that. I expect players like burton, Stewart and Howe will be rotated in through the year as we search for the right mix for finals. Hope brand comes on. Would not be surprised to see a very different side come finals.

Im actually slightly annoyed by the team, i mean at some stage we have to expose our youth into playing consistent senior footy. It just seems like no one has pushed up at all from last year, the free agents and traded players aside its the same team. The start of the year is the time to blood the future and we seem to have missed a trick imo. Its no wonder our youth gets tipped as the worst in the league, we dont seem to give them a chance.
Pressure is on to perform. They'll get a go

Having said that good luck essendon trying to stop our forward line if we throw sicily down there as well. Think he will play half back though and help with contesting the high ball.

You should be slightly annoyed by the kids for not demanding a spot. Some have showed promise but none have been impossible to leave out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure. But your option is that he leaves (which is actually doing nothing). Mine is staying (and continuing to be a Dr and giving advice).
What I'm saying is he blew it so get someone else in to make the hard calls that needed to be made on behalf of the players welfare. I think the
situation was too out of hand and difficult for him to cope with properly and quite possibly his age and personality didn't help.

ROUND 1 TEAM
Essendon v Hawthorn
MCG
Saturday 25 March, 7.25pm

B: Taylor Duryea, James Frawley, Ben Stratton
HB: Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson, Shaun Burgoyne
C: Isaac Smith, Tom Mitchell, Ricky Henderson
HF: Luke Breust, Ryan Schoenmakers, Jack Gunston
F: Ty Vickery, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
R: Ben McEvoy, Jaeger O’Meara, Cyril Rioli
INT: James Sicily, Liam Shiels, Will Langford, Billy Hartung
EMER: Kade Stewart, Ryan Burton, Teia Miles

Will Langford to become a life member of the club when he shirtfronts Jobe Watson

You don't seriously pay that much attention to the positions do you LP?

Geez Stewart is very stuff after a very good pre-season and Duryea very lucky.

Your Kiwi accent is uncanny.

I think this team shows how perilous TOB's position is now. Schoey is getting first crack at CHF, Sicily will play the swingman role. I think injuries are the only reason you'll see him play seniors this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back