Analysis 2018 AFL Finals Series Discussion - Bulldogs Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I watch a team blow a golden chance at a flag, I am more and more grateful that our 22 blokes who took the field on oct 1 2016 got the job done. You don't know if you're going to get another chance, just look at the saints. I feel like Collingwood will lose a lot of the energy they played with these finals. This loss could deflate them. Momentum is a funny thing, you have to get your flag when you have it, otherwise you might be waiting decades.

When watching our grand final I thought even if we lose, this team is on the up, and will win one in the next few years. That's false. Teams go up and down all the time. And we won ours "before our time". Before we peaked age wise. This was collingwoods chance to do it too. Will they get another chance as good as this? Maybe not for a long time.

Every time I watch a team blow a golden chance at a flag, I am more and more grateful that our 22 blokes who took the field on oct 1 2016 got the job done. You don't know if you're going to get another chance, just look at the saints. I feel like Collingwood will lose a lot of the energy they played with these finals. This loss could deflate them. Momentum is a funny thing, you have to get your flag when you have it, otherwise you might be waiting decades.

When watching our grand final I thought even if we lose, this team is on the up, and will win one in the next few years. That's false. Teams go up and down all the time. And we won ours "before our time". Before we peaked age wise. This was collingwoods chance to do it too. Will they get another chance as good as this? Maybe not for a long time.
Yeah would hate to imagine if we lost it after waiting 62 years :eek:

Collingwood are the unluckiest Grand Final losers I’ve seen. Very stiff.

One of the best Grand Finals I’ve ever seen though.

There’s many talking points but wanted to touch on this one - how bad was Aish today?!

Everyone remember when we were mooted to take him, and taking the Bont ahead of him was mooted to be a risky choice?

Jaysus :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also the fact that Barrass didn't get a norm smith vote is a farce.
I had him clear BOG in the first half, slightly less of an impact in the 2nd when Cox got into the game a bit. He played a blinder, surprised he didnt at least get a vote from the Norm Smith judges.

Schofield was fantastic too. Eagles had a lot more winners around the ground, to me they should have won by 5 goals in the end but credit to Collingwood for keeping it so tight until the end.

He may have cost them a goal by getting in the way of one of their players when Yeo marked and goaled.

Looking at the replay, Yeo was most likely going to mark it anyway, so the runner can feel less bad, Stephenson would have gotten there a fraction after the mar. Blame the s**t kick for Yeo marking it in the first place more than anything.

Grand Final Day is literally the only day for the year I bet and I had some coin on McGovern for the Norm, can’t believe he didn’t poll more votes than he did.

Not happy.
Same. I put $50 on each year, with ten $5 bets. The only one I got this year was Varcoe for first goal. $105 in winnings, so at least I walked away successful this year :p

Grand Final Day is literally the only day for the year I bet and I had some coin on McGovern for the Norm, can’t believe he didn’t poll more votes than he did.

Not happy.
I went Pendlebury, Grundy and Yeo. Great choices here.

There’s many talking points but wanted to touch on this one - how bad was Aish today?!

Everyone remember when we were mooted to take him, and taking the Bont ahead of him was mooted to be a risky choice?

Jaysus :eek:
I hate to admit, but I was one of the people who wanted us to take him. I thought we needed quality ball users at the time.

Who'd have thought taking Bont would be one of the greatest decisions the club ever made?

FMD how bad were Black Eyed Peas. Dialled it in big time... What was with WillIAm checking his phone during a song? Looked like he needed to check the lyrics... Also what about him screwing up the opening line to one of the songs O_O It's not like he wouldn't have played that song like a million times, how the hell do you stuff it up?! he looked like he was smacked out on benzos or something.

FMD how bad were Black Eyed Peas. Dialled it in big time... What was with WillIAm checking his phone during a song? Looked like he needed to check the lyrics... Also what about him screwing up the opening line to one of the songs O_O It's not like he wouldn't have played that song like a million times, how the hell do you stuff it up?! he looked like he was smacked out on benzos or something.
I loved the paid mosh pit, some of the close ups revealed people singing along to the wrong lyrics. The Black Eyed Peas exceeded
my expectations to be honest not a live act at all. Now something happened at half time that killed the spectacle for me they
made a fool out of the Grand Final Sprint such a time honoured event, what happened to a footballer winning they may as well
have flown in the Jamaican Sprint Team what a disgrace worse than the flying Singh brothers from 13Cabs.

On the game it took Simmo far too long to swing Nathan Vardy forward which was an obvious move early in the game, the Pies
banner crumbling after looking so ominous was a message from God on the direction the game would take and it proved to be
prophetic in the end. Collingwood are similar to the Bulldogs so much effort so little result on the scoreboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back