2018 AFLW Season - offseason moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Ally Anderson make the squad. I really hope she edges Daisy Pearce out of the final 21. I reckon Sabrina FT, Lutkins, Bates and Wuetschner are certainties to make the final 21. Not sure about Leah Kaslar, not as good a season as last year, but good on her for making the squad.
4 or 5 out of 21 is more than our share, given 8 teams.

The final appeal is almost always fruitless given that your only avenue is to demonstrate that the previous Tribunal were utterly nonsensical in their reasons for reaching a decision. Seemed like the decisions made by the tribunal last night were well reasoned.
Have the Bulldogs tried this angle yet. " ITS THE CONSTITUTION, ITS MABO, ITS THE VIBE, ITS JUST THE VIBE "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggest that she'll bide time till 2020 and join the Tiges... basing that on all the Richmond stuff on her twitter account.

We often say about the young guys that they take varying times to mature emotionally, we don't seem to extend that line of thought to the women. Sure girls mature earlier than guys in general but I've known (and know) of some very immature women around Tayla's age. She's only 20 - possibly some might like to consider that before launching their next attack.

We often say about the young guys that they take varying times to mature emotionally, we don't seem to extend that line of thought to the women. Sure girls mature earlier than guys in general but I've known (and know) of some very immature women around Tayla's age. She's only 20 - possibly some might like to consider that before launching their next attack.
More about people being upset at her ditching us than whether she can actually play. Just tacking though, has her form warranted selection in the AA squad or is it more about her being Carlton's marquee player? I haven't seen any of her matches.

She’s a very good contested mark and that stands out in this league. Has pretty decent possession numbers for a forward. She was courageous in the match I saw at Drummoyne, throwing herself on someone’s boot to smother. Probably deserves to make the squad, if not the final 21.

I don’t understand the angst re Tayla. It’s an 8 week sub-professional comp. If a 20 yr old kid decides to play elsewhere, then good luck to her. If she said some unflattering things, then so what. We could cut her some slack... and we are quite possibly better balanced in attack without the 2 talls, who can be easier to defend than a mobile forward line.

More about people being upset at her ditching us than whether she can actually play. Just tacking though, has her form warranted selection in the AA squad or is it more about her being Carlton's marquee player? I haven't seen any of her matches.
Was possibly Carlton's best against Freo.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

My comment about her being on a list is around her leaving us because she was falling out of love with the game. She has gone to Carlton which doesn't appear to be a happy club.

She has apparently gone to further her boxing career, which says to me footy isn't priority one.

Think i might have read in an article that they will be sitting at 2pm Melbourne time.
God only knows how long it will take.
And that the Afl may need to consider the 2 strike policy in the Womens game.

they do, this was Brennan's second strike hence the suspension. If it was just this one in isolation she'd be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back