World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group D Thread (Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria)

Remove this Banner Ad

Messi never looks like he enjoys playing for Argentina. Maybe he feels a significant level of expectation on him and country, therefore tries too hard to make something happen. Whereby he doesn't need to prove anything at Barcalona and has always had team mates who can take some of the pressure off.
tis the difference between messi and the great maradona - could you imagine messi leading a team like napoli to greatness?

Messi never looks like he enjoys playing for Argentina. Maybe he feels a significant level of expectation on him and country, therefore tries too hard to make something happen. Whereby he doesn't need to prove anything at Barcalona and has always had team mates who can take some of the pressure off.

The entire setup of the Argentine side is built around him - and I've believed for a long time that it's unfair on Messi. This doesn't happen with Barcelona at all. Not having Dybala in the hole to add some creativity along side him is ridiculous

Even Maradona's Argentina had some handy players that would crush you if you focused on Diego solely, who honestly in the current team can do that?

After a busy first 20 or so minutes it's fizzled out a little. Both sides should be on the board.
Agree, both sides have fluffed great chances.

Though it really is not an attacking game. Both midfields playing tight.

The entire setup of the Argentine side is built around him - and I've believed for a long time that it's unfair on Messi. This doesn't happen with Barcelona at all. Not having Dybala in the hole to add some creativity along side him is ridiculous

Even Maradona's Argentina had some handy players that would crush you if you focused on Diego solely, who honestly in the current team can do that?

No Dybala is another pig headed decision from a national team coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebic is useless. Was useless last game too.

I can’t shout it too loudly as I’m in Brač, Hrvatska atm and locals are riding every pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn’t agree more. Should be subbed out for Kramaric or Pjaca.

Edit: and then he scores. lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG! I love these guys. 3-0.

Yeah, but decent chance we come up against them if we survive the group and they looked pretty scary out there.

Easier to do when Argentina is quite so dismal, true enough. But still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back