Injury 2018 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only find it on the AFL website, but apart from two blokes with an estimated time frame, its 'test', 'test', 'indefinite', 'TBC', 'test', and 'test. Pretty insightful.

View attachment 501229
My break down of the injured players and their value to the side for the remainder of the season.
Cocky:flashy low possession player,potential yes,has trouble putting a string of games together,wouldn't rely on him not to be back on the injury list again.

Constable:yet to play a game,no opinion.

Fogarty:yep adds to the side I like him.Needs to overcome this injury and stay fit,we have had a shitfull run with small forwards

C Guthrie,there was a time I wished we had two of Cam,gone from chocolates to boiled lollies,not missing him on the form he has shown this year.Like a good AAer needs a spiritual awakening.

Henderson and Menzel,we're a better side with these two available,alas we might not see that for some time, if at all it seems.Fingers crossed.

S.Selwood add a lot when fit but like Cocky big chance he will visit the injury list more than once this season.Can't rely on him being there week to week.

Parfitt:yes missing him, adds a bit of life.

Last edited:

You sound like my wife :oops:

32838d1366821655t-no-thats-impossible-luke-skywalker-crying-vader-his-father.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week's GMHBA Health Update (yes, I know) has footage of Hendo joining in training with the man group for the first time since his last operation.

Young was talking 2-3 weeks of conditioning from here before a return through the VFL.

Long way to go, of course, but overall it sounds much more positive on the Hendo front of late.

:thumbsu:

Latest update from chris scott yesterday.

Scott selwood “will probably not return in the next week or 2”.

Fog “best guess is he will play next week”.

Menzel won’t play in the next few weeks and will need to get fitness back when he does.

Cocky will be back before the bye, and guthrie and henderson will be after the bye.

We seem to be having a lot of minor injuries that don’t seem to respond to treatment, and players sit out longer than you would think. Not sure if it is the club making inaccurate timeframes or just bad luck.

Menzel won’t play in the next few weeks and will need to get fitness back when he does.

Cocky will be back before the bye, and guthrie and henderson will be after the bye.

We seem to be having a lot of minor injuries that don’t seem to respond to treatment, and players sit out longer than you would think. Not sure if it is the club making inaccurate timeframes or just bad luck.
It'll be good to see Cockatoo back before the bye. Wouldn't mind seeing him smash up the Yellow & Black :)

I'm never known a club to have so many players who pull out before a game and aren't seen again for weeks.

I'm never known a club to have so many players who pull out before a game and aren't seen again for weeks.
It is rather odd. What start out as one week injuries end up being 3 or 4. Menzel, fogarty, scooter etc.

But scooters back injury is understandable. Backs can be a bastard to get right.

When it’s this prevalent it’s incompetence.
We haven’t started a season with a full list in years
Other than Jane Bunn, who never gets her forecasts right, I can’t think of anyone else whos made more stuff ups than our medical staff and kept their jobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back