Autopsy 2018 JLT Series - Game 1: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I forgot Paddy had a blood nose. I’m just about ready to give up on this club.
I saw Gresham fall over at one point. If our players don't even know how to stand up how are they supposed to play football? What has Richo been teaching them this whole preseason??

Dunstan looks like a new man. I'm so bloody happy to be wrong about Armitage. Bloke looked terrific. God i hope he can do that for the next 25 weeks.

Positives: Coffield, Clark ( outstanding)
Armitage ( looks the goods )
Paddy ( looks likely to blow a game to bits )

Negative: Smahed in the Ruck
Poor skills , leaky defence,

First game back , i think if things dont improve against Melbourne then maybe start panicking a little.

Melbourne beat us 2/2 in 2017.
They are obviously better than us. A fact.
Melbourne will give the top 4 a shake. Oliver is a jet.

Essendon are the media darlings. Stringer will be a flop IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit both teams were trying and we had a full strength team minus Billings.. not sure if Bruce is in best 22.

You only had to look at the coaching box to see who really wanted the win. Bolton nearly bit the telephone he was pissed at some of the blues efforts. He and the Blues needed the win. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Got the cobwebs out and no serious injuries. On top of that Clark and Coffield showed why they will be good additions. Armo looked good and at a level that we need on the inside. Paddy got his hand on a couple and kicked 2. And Steven looked like the 2016 version.

people ragging on Paddy's game. He had 6 marks, 15 touches, kicked 2.1 and was the dominant key forward on the ground. For his first hit out in 9 months or whatever it is, he did well, and will just get better
The sky is falling!

Saint12

Bloody hell. Absolutely shattered. Where to from here? Desperately need Hickey in. Kids no good. Lonie and Weller nowhere near it. Gilbo should be delisted.
I’m in shock. Are we wasting our time this year?
Crisis meeting required.
Oh please oh great one tell us your inside knowledge of how our plans worked and we successfully combated the opposition with tactics from our all to knowledgeable coaching staff
Spare me mate,your over confidence in every facet of the club really .

FFS 2 marks against Ffing Carlton. Brilliant.
Just to clarify here mate, the key forwards in the game for marks, goals and disposals.

Membrey 6 marks, 2.0, 12 disp.
Paddy 5 marks, 2.1, 15 disp.
McKay 4 marks, 1.1, 9 disp.
Casboult 3 marks, 1.1, 9 disp.

At the ground it looked like the same style of footy as last year, not much progression immediately apparent. That's a bit of a worry.

Positives:

- Lonie was good and stuck some tackles he would have missed before.
- Coffield looks comfortable at this level.
- Clark has obviously got something.
- Longer won some really strong accurate hitouts, and was reasonable around the ground.
- Armo is still a good player.
- Dunstan seems to have picked up where he left off.

Christ. God forbid the melt if this was a game that carried any sort of meaning.

It's a practice match. Everyone BREATHE. None of this counts for anything more than training purposes and match fitness. If the same football gets displayed regularly through the first 6 weeks then melt your little hearts out, until then..... chill.
Fair call, I reckon after missing finals last year a huge pre season lots of talk about finals. Richo and coaches and players would be pretty happy with what they put out tonight. We have enough runs on the board over the last few years to get away with it

Oh please oh great one tell us your inside knowledge of how our plans worked and we successfully combated the opposition with tactics from our all to knowledgeable coaching staff
Spare me mate,your over confidence in every facet of the club really .

Oh please, tell me how it’s the end of the world after a practice match. It’s supporters like you that make me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back