Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Karl Langdon is correct that Lobb will seek a trade to the team offering the best deal, then Lobb will nominate Freo.

GWS will ask for pick 5 or 6.

+FYFE being a richmond hearted freo boy, it just makes sense

anyway... back to topic on hand, Conca being a docker would be a blessing for u all, but he must stay at Richmond, he's part of our fabric and we can't let him go, I will not allow it

If Karl Langdon is correct that Lobb will seek a trade to the team offering the best deal, then Lobb will nominate Freo.

GWS will ask for pick 5 or 6.

where did u hear that from? we hear nothing from Langdon in Melbourne, I can only assume the public AFL media has risen 10fold since my time there in -7-08

I liked Langdon as a player, also kemp was a bit of an underrated legend, think that be before freo's time though

where did u hear that from? we hear nothing from Langdon in Melbourne, I can only assume the public AFL media has risen 10fold since my time there in -7-08

I liked Langdon as a player, also kemp was a bit of an underrated legend, think that be before freo's time though

Yes and we hate Langdon, so be careful Boss

This might help our cause. That and offering more money.

Barrett has said on trade radio today that GWS have a 1 million minimum salary cap issue and went onto talking about Shiel and Lobb being likely solutions to fix the issue.

Barrett said Lobb is keen on playing as a forward in WA and because of this didn’t think WC were his best option

If he's the one they're pushing out they can't be asking for our 1st Rounder this year also. All they can do for pushing him out is get him to the club he nominates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres

Agreed, though I hold firm that Lobb is no good =)

History shows its as much your bottom 5 players as it is your top. If you can get best 22 players like Conca for free, and he is best 22, you do it. He doesnt have to be a world beater but he'll add grunt and pressure to a midfield sorely lacking it.

Hogan and Kelly would also be terrific gets and in the right age bracket, how we have convinced ourselves they are no good is beyond me
As you say for free always makes sense, the problem with Hogan is the price, 2 first rounders has been bought up.
Doesn't help he has a foot problem, we already have one with calf issues.
As for Lobb, Cox has already done more at a younger age, and we have Dixon, others waiting in the wings.
I personally see our issues with the midfield, forwards, not slow lumbering giants.
We can wait a year to negotiate a better deal, and add another 1 maybe 2 top ten picks that can set us up for a decade.
Sure if we had an early second rounder for Kelly to offer, but if its a first I would take Hately over Kelly every time.

If Lobb is leaving to free up salary cap space he goes for unders.

When a club wants to keep a contracted player they tend to play hardball and gets overs. We will if Neale decides to leave as we’ll get a first rounder minimum next year - significant extra value is what’s required to get him.

GWS have previously dumped a bunch of players at Carlton as salary cap dumps, along with McCarthy. Even Hoskin-Elliot was worth more than a future second rounder. If the Giants need someone gone other clubs will know it and won’t pay nearly as much. Only difference is if the Eagles got involved - in which case we set our limits and pull out if we need to.

Either way I’d prefer not to get Lobb. He’s an improvement for sure short term but not enough so that he’d actually make any difference. The difference will come when we improve all over the ground - not just getting a better tall forward. He’s not Jesse Hogan and he doesn’t cost nothing but salary cap space like Conca.

This might help our cause. That and offering more money.

Barrett has said on trade radio today that GWS have a 1 million minimum salary cap issue and went onto talking about Shiel and Lobb being likely solutions to fix the issue.

Barrett said Lobb is keen on playing as a forward in WA and because of this didn’t think WC were his best option

Apparently Lobb doesn’t like rucking that much and much prefers being a forward, which sounds great to me. We could have him as a forward–ruck and Darcy as a ruck–forward.

Apparently Lobb doesn’t like rucking that much and much prefers being a forward, which sounds great to me. We could have him as a forward–ruck and Darcy as a ruck–forward.
For a developing and not always smart i50 kicking team, having the opportunity to kick long to a good contested marking tall, might make things easier for us especially if we leave some smalls in the forward fifty more often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back