Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok I’ve tried to think we’re playing a brave game but what in the actual * if we’re putting pick 11 on the table for Kelly.

Are we just trying to piss off every team?

Hogan wants to come here. Lobb wants to come here. We need forwards. Get the bloody deals done.

Neale doesn’t want to be here. Fine. * him off.

Kelly doesn’t want to be here. Why the * are we going for him.

If true. And that's a big if this week, perhaps to put pressure on Melbourne that we are willing to trade out 11 if they are not interested. Perhaps to drive up the price WCE has to pay. Maybe both.

I don't think we seriously believe Kelly will agree to a trade after the comments earlier.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Geelong may well be sorting him and his loose manager out on this.

Its no doubt just fantasy, but Conca (FA), Kelly (11), Lobb (23), pick 5, pick 32, pick 40 and pick 44 for Neale and pick 6 would not be a bad trade haul.

I wonder if these are more Steve Rosich tactics than Peter Bell tactics. Thoughts?
I've been feeling sorry for the old silver fox the last few days. Belly has been getting all the credit even though technically steve is acting list manager and belly's immediate boss! Bond is supposed to still be there until end of november as well and would be having input as well as our head recruiter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ******* circus! Though none of this drama really matters if by the end of the trade period we get what we want.

Surely that involves bringing players Lobb/Hogan here who want to be here and getting rid of those Neale who don't?

Bell and Rosich's bluffing game is strong. Now spreading rumours to the press that we are trading pick 11 for Kelly so Melbourne sh*t themselves and come running back to us. Collars about to get popped boys

Ok that’s well and good playing mind games with everybody..but how about Lobb, Langdon etc.

Are we gonna wait to the last minute as usual or are we gonna bring anyone in on Monday or Tuesday at a leisurely pace like a normal club.

Seriously I hope it’s a joke

Let’s say we don’t trade Neale and don’t get pick 5

But then we use 11 on a bloke who is the next Des hedland and who doesn’t want to play for us

And Lobb for who knows what yet

So all that and no young guns except for later mid 2nd rounders

Now I’m starting to lose my ***** a little. Faith is waning but trying to stay focused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok that’s well and good playing mind games with everybody..but how about Lobb, Langdon etc.

Are we gonna wait to the last minute as usual or are we gonna bring anyone in on Monday or Tuesday at a leisurely pace like a normal club.
Lobb won't happen until GWS are sure we are not going to get a mid teens pick through the lachie neale trade

Pushes WCE to spend up on Kelly. I like the tactic.

More than that. They know Kelly will refuse. Everyone does, but it put Kelly under the microscope for wanting to come home. Nisbett will look silly.

How desperate would one be if they then don’t want to go home?

The play works in a few ways... unless Kelly decides to come. Then we’ve over paid on a spud.

I think both those trades can get done without any affect on or from the Hogan and Neale deals. Lobb for 23 (maybe a sweetener as well) and Langdon for 30/Future 2nd, so hopefully won't go down to the wire with them. Langdon probably unlikely anyway
Lobb will hopefully get done ASAP so we know where we sit, and as soon as Langdon makes a decision I think Collingwood will sort a deal with us/Sydney pretty quickly as they have a couple interests as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back