2018 pre season

Discussion in 'Brisbane Lions' started by Squizz89, Nov 6, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. DashinD

DashinD Senior List

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Hughie looks to have put a fair bit of size on through the arms and legs. He has quite the neck on him too, could end up a pretty decent size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. bungalow_bill

bungalow_bill Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
  3. jason pm

jason pm Norm Smith Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Fortitude Valley Diehards
    bungalow_bill likes this.
  4. Skoob

Skoob Brownlow Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    173 post in 9 years? Expect everyone else to provide content for you mate? Go buy a paper.

5. Billy Puller

Billy Puller Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Boston Celtics
    So well spoken. If I had pick which youngster of ours will definitely win the Brownlow I'd put the bank on Hugh, he will be an absolute superstar.

Looking a lot bigger than last year already too, pumped for next year I'm expecting real strides.

piari, Len S, MacMum and 2 others like this.
  6. Nunez

Nunez Premiership Player

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Man Hugh really loves kicking goals from that pocket doesn't he?

Lacesout likes this.
  7. Brett C

Brett C Senior List

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Manchester United
    And some people wonder why others don't post all the time. 3 pages of gibberish annoys the vast majority but you decide to be that guy.

8. Nunez

Nunez Premiership Player

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    I honestly think Skoob had right to call him out. This thread definitely went off the rails a bit but was back on track from Sunday. Some dude who never posts etc comes on to complain about us not talking about the pre season instead of, you know, contributing. He was 'that guy' who made a snarky comment days after the thread was back on track.

9. Robbo18!

Robbo18! All Australian

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    For what it’s worth, I always enjoy the pre season banter. You can really feel the pi..ed off frustration in some of the posts wanting the season to start now. As supporters we’d have the boys play all year round.
    Getting a lot of comments over here in Perth that Brissy are on the way up this year. Always good to hear that rather than the opposite. I can imagine a ferocious competition for spots again this year with some senior lads coming back from LTI as well as our second year boys pushing very hard to consolidate a spot in the 22.
    And then you’ll have our draft picks. Not sure who they will be or if they’ll be AFL ready straight up (possible exception for pick 1)
    What is encouraging is Fages method of building a list and a squad and a team based on buy in, commitment and hard work. No walk ups and no entitlement at all.

10. Gadzorks

Gadzorks Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    We're all full of crap most of the time - just becomes more obvious in the off season when there nothing to distract us from, well - us.

Go lions!!

11. a mayes ing

a mayes ing Norm Smith Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Hope the boys don't get too down if we do badly again this year. Realistically we are still gonna be bottom 5 this year with the following year where we start rising. Keep the boys together and confidence up and hopefully we do better than expected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Dlions

Dlions Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Bottom 5 is a rise from where we are this year.

scott_the_man and Lazza16 like this.
  13. charles202

charles202 Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Bottom five would be our best finish in a decade. Every time this year I feel full of hope but this year it feels more tangible.

The entire organization feels like it has more structure, watching the games for last season (2nd half of the season) it is noticeable that the players are learning and beginning to trust where teammates will be. Overall seems to be less panic, we seem fast not frantic (if that makes sense).

I feel like we have more midfield depth than I can remember and that depth will not be rookies but mature bodies who can come in and impact games rather than being the 21st or 22nd man of the bench.

knaf, Kevvo and kharis like this.
  14. jjami15

jjami15 Premiership Player

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    I know Pagan said it is all about the W’s but I think that there will be some other markers to identify our improvement as well. Personally and realistically I would hope around the 7-8wins mark.

MICKYCONLAN likes this.
  15. Dlions

Dlions Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Bloody Dennis!

KissKiss and countryVicLion like this.
  16. Skoob

Skoob Brownlow Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Sorry, I just have objections to people who never contribute to the forum, telling everyone else how to do so, like everyone else here is responsible for providing that guy's reading material. Participate or don't, but don't complain about other participants if you're not a contributor.

17. Sproj

Sproj Debutant

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    So given his comments, let’s hope The Clug finds a pen to put signature on paper.

piari, snooplions, jason pm and 2 others like this.
  18. Fatcat08

Fatcat08 Cool and Footbally

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    TBH if they're going to post items like that in the original post then we're probably all better off.

Given the first open training session for the year will be the 2nd of December I'm not sure what anyone expects to be in this thread. Comments on news articles and club photos and stories is about all we're going to get, unless someone wants to take a stab in the dark as to which ground they'll be using on which day and at what time and sit there and see if they turn up. Given we'll be using 9 different locations for pre-season training this year thats a fair gamble.

Lacesout, Kevvo, xplo and 3 others like this.
  19. Eons

Eons Premiership Player

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    Or wait outside the Gabba when they do a weights session, follow a player home, wait outside his house all night then follow him to training the next day.

20. BuntonRules

BuntonRules long term substance abuser

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    South Adelaide,Whitsunday SeaEagles
    And pinch his pushbike whilst you are there?

Eons, Fatcat08 and Gadzorks like this.
  21. Footballator

Footballator Senior List

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Spot on. I happen to reside in remote Queensland and no where near any training and lucky if I can get to one game a year. How would people like my informed comments? The people that took offence to me asking what all that rot was when the thread clearly says "2018 pre-season" is just a ride on a white horse. I like to keep track of goings on at my club I can't participate in or experience first hand - like attending training or functions.
    I am however a passionate supporter and club member. The number of posts doesn't indicate anyone's value here I don't think. I haven't the time mostly to get into a conversation either that forums promote.
    If you haven't got something to say then don't. And don't point the finger and grandstand.
    There has been enough people voicing displeasure over these types of direct attacks if you "read the paper" here.
    Moving on...

22. leaper

leaper Team Captain

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Agree wholeheartedly, I am a Bears member from Day 1 (Foundation1986)I don't post much in here, for a lot of the same reasons. It doesn't make me any less knowledgeable or passionate about the club.

23. Skoob

Skoob Brownlow Medallist

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    :rolleyes:
    5 posts this month, and 3 of them complaining about other people's posting.
    No problem with people being minimal posters, only when they criticise others for interrupting your reading material. Just scroll past the ones you don't like. Now that you've identified me as a fingerpointing granstander, you can just put me on ignore.;)

24. FFB1

FFB1 Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Boronia Hawks
    I'll take 4 of them down here in VIC thanks. Would go for 6 bit want to get too greedy.

25. Billy Puller

Billy Puller Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Boston Celtics
    TOTY and only 10 pages in. Cliques, lurkers, horses we've already had it all.

Bring on 2018 and bring on the drama I for one am loving every second of this.

Maboo and Eons like this.