2018 pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

They had to remove the boot in preparation for his foot amputation tomorrow.
But the cursed monkey foot they are attaching to replace it will be great!

441815_a4e3f30511e0992721d094ee7fcbabbf.jpg

The young bloke seems to be benefiting nicely from the tutelage too.
Hodge and Rayner ready for the discotheque.
Look at these 2, at it again!
IMG_6714.jpg

Hodge will take games from one of McStay or Gardiner you'd think, with the competition being good. Might also be why McStay is training with the forwards. I know Gardiner can play on smaller forwards, but barring injuries, he strikes me as the one most likely to make way for Hodge, unless he adds more run and attack to his game. Personally would love to see Eagles make the full back position his own.

He can only play on small forwards. Every time he plays on a tall it is a disaster.

He can only play on small forwards. Every time he plays on a tall it is a disaster.
Agree. He really needs to add some offensive tools to his game as it's becoming a liability. Doesn't make opposition smalls accountable at all and they dictate where they want to play. If he can get some more run in his game it will force his opponent to defend.

Should I be concerned that Bailey is always running besides Rayner? I hope he doesn't have poor aerobic capacity.
I have noticed that myself.
Just gas bagging i think.
As things ramp up, and the first year boys intensity rises hopefully they will begin to run at their own pace rather than just sticking together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Skinner out and Payne in his infancy Eagles has basically zero competition for the full back spot. We had Andrews playing that role last year but he is not suited and playing a tight checking role takes away the strengths that he has. If he shows that he can hold down the spot I think the coaching staff would rush to move Andrews into a third tall role where he can intercept and play his own game more.
I think it's a bit early to say Andrews can't isn't suited to playing a tight checking role. I doubt the coaching staff view him as a 3rd tall, I think he'd ideally rotate between taking the number one guy and zoning off depending on matchups. Just needs a solid 2nd key defender to allow him to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back