2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Sheppard (WCE) - Robbie Tarrant (NM) - Dane Rampe (Syd)
Shannon Hurn (WCE) - Alex Pearce (Frem) - Rory Laird (Adel)
Steele Sidebottom (Coll) - Tom Mitchell (Haw) - Jackson Macrae (WB)
Dustin Martin (Rich) - Lance Franklin (Syd) - Luke Bruest (Haw)
Jeremy Cameron (GWS) - Ben Brown (NM) - Daniel Menzel (Geel)

Brodie Grundy (Coll) - Steven Coniglio (GWS) - Bryce Gibbs (Adel)

Luke Parker (Syd) - Nat Fyfe (Frem) - Jesse Hogan (Melb) - Ollie Wines (Port)

In the mix

Defenders; Howard/Clurey, Astbury, Stratton/Sicily, Simpson, Wilson/Ryan, Hurley, Haynes, Howe

Midfielders; Dangerfield/Selwood, Lyons, Kelly, Oliver, Ross, Gaff, Hunter, Westhoff, Ward

Fowards; C.Cameron, Lynch, Darling, LeCras

Rucks; Gawn, Martin

Stratton's form to start the season warrants being in the conversation at this stage.
Was between him and Rampe for me. Maybe I left him out because of his haircut?

Why no one mentioning Stratton more? Surely any AA team made now would have him in the backline. Breust only other from Hawks in consideration.

Other notables for me:
  • Tarrant. It is so awesome seeing him playing this well after the start of his career. Deserves more credit then he is getting.
  • Kade Simpson. Don't let the other rabble at Carlton trick you. He is playing superbly.
Rest are usual crowd already mentioned.

Why no one mentioning Stratton more? Surely any AA team made now would have him in the backline. Breust only other from Hawks in consideration.

Other notables for me:
  • Tarrant. It is so awesome seeing him playing this well after the start of his career. Deserves more credit then he is getting.
  • Kade Simpson. Don't let the other rabble at Carlton trick you. He is playing superbly.
Rest are usual crowd already mentioned.

You sure about that? There's a certain midfielder that's been going alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the mix

Defenders; Howard/Clurey, Astbury, Stratton/Sicily, Simpson, Wilson/Ryan, Hurley, Haynes, Howe

Midfielders; Dangerfield/Selwood, Lyons, Kelly, Oliver, Ross, Gaff, Hunter, Westhoff, Ward

Rucks; Gawn, Martin
Great work. That is a very very good team so early in the season.

Everyone would make some changes, but at this point that team also seems to have them in position as well.
Luv the HB line and the centreline in particular. AA selectors seem to pick the #1 mid as rover each season but i'm with you favouring Mitchell picked as centreman. Wingers are spot on to me.

Things i'd consider.
I fully expect Rampe to make AA this season again. He is in ominous condition and building a season. However i'd argue he's more on the cusp as of Rnd 4 and i wouldnt pick him YET. Squadworthy, but more deserving BP types at this early stage.
Liking Hurley's rebound to go with defence. Would pick him at CHB or third KPD in a BP. Selectors luv picking that third KPD.
Ward and Lyons sneaky good and couldnt argue with either on the bench.
Parker borderline right now to me. Oliver and Selwood two that have been more consistent for mine, just shaving out Parker.
Coniglio could easily be picked as a HFF opposite Martin. Seem to be similar roles and averaging near 2 goals a game.HF line could be made Martin/Franklin/Coniglio and play 3 KPF's like you've done. I'd sacrifice Breust on a HFF to play the extra mid. Couldnt argue with Breust being selected though.
Tempted this early to play two rucks Gawn and Grundy. Different strengths and both playing well enough to be picked.
Raffle Hogan with Jack Darling who is another playing well enough to be at least considered.

Last edited:
Are people including the AFLX games in this team??

Rampe has had a very ordinary start to the year.

If there was going to be a Swan defender (and there probably shouldn’t be) it would be smith.

Gawn had almost zero impact yesterday despite 60 hitouts. Hawks played off him perfectly and won as many hitouts to advantage and just smashed them in clearances.

McEvoy's body positioning was brilliant. It was Don Scott-esque in knowing the strengths of your opponent and neutralising them.

If doing a squad of 40 I would have:
Breust
McEvoy
Mitchell
Sicily
Stratton

Problem is, we are working against a mindset that says we will finish 12th to 15th because our list is old and crap.

Sorry to focus just on the Hawks atm....

Stratton has been in the Hawks best every week this year. Might go unnoticed.

Mitchell lost no footing.... 13 clearances while being tagged !!!!!!!

Bruest... it will come down to goal tally at years end, but the trajectory is AA.

In the mix

Rucks; Gawn, Martin
Stratton >>>>>>> Rampe

Only North players I'd have in are Tarrant and Brown. Brown's a lock atm, and Tarrant is well in the argument. Higgins and Cunnington have been superb, but midfield spots are hard to get.

IN: Luke Breust

4 games - 11 goals (4,3,0,4).

Not sure why so many posters have Jeff Garlett. Where was he today?

Breust has had a better season then Garlett, Betts and Charlie Cameron for that small forward spot.

Should have had 4 v the Tigs too but JOM took his goal from point blank after Rance ran through him.

Stratton - Tarrant - Rampe
Laird - Pearce - Hurn
Sidebottom - Mitchell - Macrae
Martin - Franklin - Parker
Cameron - Brown - Breust
Grundy - Fyfe - Coniglio

Gawn, Gibbs, Wines, Darling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back