News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 news. Armitage is unsure about his future but says he still has a couple of good years left in him. When asked if he would move to another club to continue playing he just avoided the question.

Why would this even be a story?
Could have done an interview with numerous players at numerous clubs...seems odd unless there is a definite move in the offing.

Last edited:
Radio news headline about 20 mins ago....”Can a much loved Saint be leaving the club?”
( Guess they’re not referring to Richo :rolleyes:......but who?)
Gotta be Gilbert or Armo IMO

Edit: looks like it's Armo. Frankly it has to happen, it's win win win, with us losing a sometimes good but inconsistent highly paid senior, Armo continuing his career and a new club gaining a wise on field leader with high potential and a great clubman with good culture instilled. It's that or curtains frankly.

Last edited:

Gotta be Gilbert or Armo IMO

Edit: looks like it's Armo. Frankly it has to happen, it's win win win, with us losing a sometimes good but inconsistent highly paid senior, Armo continuing his career and a new club gaining a wise on field leader with high potential and a great clubman with good culture instilled. It's that or curtains frankly.

Probably Armo although he wouldn't want to leave.
I wonder if it's Gears??

Breaking news On the Couch according to Jon Ralph...

Matt Finnis off to swim the English Channel and.....

.....he expects Freeze to play this weekend!
( but how much does he actually know?)
Also most assistants appear to be getting notice, with the exception of Playfair.

You don't think a life member and 12 years veteran of the club being shopped around is not newsworthy?
I know you can't hide your love for him but who on earth said that?

I wonder if it's Gears??
Thing is Armitage and Gilbert have no value - we are looking for good experienced leaders and we are offloading theses 2 , just shows they are not to good - Weller will be another.
At least these spots will open the way to 3 rookies.
I do expect the Saints will go after a very good mid - Kelly , Shiel or Coniglio type and if the can't get any of those they will target Langdon or Cerra from the Dockers - if we could snag one the best we could do in the draft is get a 2nd round pick back after giving this years and next years away.
We don't need any washed up players coming into the squad.
Get Hayes , Mitchell , Harvey in as assistants will be a far better option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if it's Gears??
Hopefully we do a 2 for 1 deal with Armo and Mav to GC for a 3rd rounder or something.
Both players get to continue career and GC get senior bodies to help their youngsters

Anyone with a Herald Sun sub? Article around changes at the club today. Might just be rehashing what Ralph said last night though..

Ralph said on page 62 that many assistant coaches will ‘make way’ and that Henry Playfair is ‘one of the few contracted for next year’.

He went on to say that Simon Lethlean has been in talks with the assistant coaches and some already have ‘a solid indication of their futures’.

‘While others have time to assess their options while St Kilda works out whether it can lure the replacements it wants’.

Then he referred to David King’s comments on Caracalla and Mitchell.

The Herald-Sun (Jay Clark) were also reporting that West Coast may hold Sam Mitchell to his contract if he stays an assistant coach, allowing him to work out of their Melbourne offices next year. They don’t want a Melbourne club to acquire their IP.

Make of that what you will. But I read it that Mitchell and Caracalla are going to get big offers from the Saints and the media keep linking them to us specifically. Things must be bubbling strongly beneath the surface.

Just watched Richo on AFL 360, at the very end of the program they were talking about the bigger goalsquares and it will be an even bigger penalty for missing a goal, Richo said something like "Ben Dixon will"

I wonder if it's a big joke at the club how s**t Dixon has been.

If North needed to win by a certain margin for Melbourne to miss the eight, I would encourage our players to kick the ball to North all game.

What you meant to say is that you would want our players to kick the ball to North. This translates to telling 3-4 players to kick the ball to North, and telling the rest to play as per usual

Remove this Banner Ad

Back