News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Left to right:

Kosi, Dirty Harry Callaghan, someone, G-Train, Capuano?, Blight, another coach?, Sammy, Stevie Lawrence, ?, Roo, Wulf

Brett Voss to the immediate right of Blight, Mark Gale next to Roo.

Not sure who is next to C Callaghan. I was excited when we got Callaghan, never really kicked on though.

"St Kilda will not be successful by emulating Hawthorn; they must make a virtue of their maverick history. The Saints need to rediscover that edginess that might make them appealing and hip"

Discuss. At first sight, it seems to make sense, and agree we should be using the cache of the suburb of St Kilda, something Finnis and his marketing team did excellently 4 or 5 years ago.

But emulating Hawthorn is bad? I think we ought to strive for that type of professionalism, opportunism, ruthlessness and system stability and identity.

If he's just saying "Don't be another boring upper middle class suburban white collar soulless club" then ok, but if he's saying "Don't be boring and consistently successful, every circus needs a clown, the Aints job is to entertain us with their Always A Footstep Away From Disaster history", he can GTFO.

But good article anyway, seems (when I'm not feeling paranoid and suspicious) that he knows what we're about these days.

I have been saying that for years, embrace the bad ass. Get all black kits with a small shield, go full maverick a-hole club. Drink tinnies at quarter time and spit on the opposition cheer squad like some '80s wrestling arab or Russian stereo type. Invite Jake Carlisle to release snap chats of himself snorting toot off a hooker.

Make Jack Billings get face tatts and a mohawk, encourage them to use the squirrel grip at every contest, there is heaps we could do. I like it.

Not sure who is next to C Callaghan. I was excited when we got Callaghan, never really kicked on though.

Robert Powell?

The face looks like Ball.

Good article and he’s nailed it as far as I am concerned. Where is our playing flair, our mongrel even our controversies.

All gone and we are gentle, safe and compliant. We might as well run out in beige jumpers ( similar to Carlton).

When I started supporting us in the 70s, we might have lost a lot but by ....... we fought(literally) Scratched and played with flair. We were great to watch.

I don’t see that sort of passion in any of our players (maybe Gresh and Jimmy) or our playing style and certainly not in our senior coach.

The club these days would apologise if the opposition had cold showers or there was any mud on the field.

Imagine big Carl or Plugger or Stan even apologising to Mark Murphy. Cringeworthy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cayden Beetham? I can't remember what he looked like. Doesn't look like Powell or Black though.

Think this was a photo of all the new recruits together with Blight. Cadyn was drafted when Tim Watson was coach, I went to a members meeting with my dad and Tim was proclaiming him as the next Robert Harvey.

Think this was a photo of all the new recruits together with Blight. Cadyn was drafted when Tim Watson was coach, I went to a members meeting with my dad and Tim was proclaiming him as the next Robert Harvey.

Must be Powell or Blacky then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CArlton must be sick and tired of being forced to play every team above them every year by the AFL...

Good point :D
( jeez you are in an argumentative frame of mind lately.);)
I know, I know...pot, kettle.

What caught my eye was that amongst some supporters....Rich's approval rating increased from mid year to years end.

Surely that was family and relatives and neighbours voting!

What caught my eye was that amongst some supporters....Rich's approval rating increased from mid year to years end.

Surely that was family and relatives and neighbours voting!
I read the first 2 lines and thought. "Hang on a minute". Then I realised it went from 5 in 6 fans to 3 in 4 disapproving and it made sense again.

I watched Port quite a bit because I sadly had too many of their players in my Supercoach Team. Polec wasn't in my team, but he played well nearly every time I watched. Gave them great drive. Got his own pill. Ran the ball. Good all round game. Overhead marking, good kick. Not a superstar, but very handy indeed. Would make us a better team. Front loaded contract. Sounds good.

800 grand
GAGF'ed

Jesus Christ who are we kidding here
Worth Lenny Hayes numbers is he?

glory be off
No way in he'll he is worth 800 K
Good player, sure, prob be right up there in our list but he is a 500 to 600 K player MAX
Yep no way we should pay any amount of money to better our side.
Let’s just keep doing nothing because what is the point of spending money that we have in the salary cap?

800 grand
GAGF'ed

Jesus Christ who are we kidding here
Worth Lenny Hayes numbers is he?

glory be off
No way in he'll he is worth 800 K
Good player, sure, prob be right up there in our list but he is a 500 to 600 K player MAX

Sellers market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back